Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Is it just me or are the images for the X7 DT v6 incorrect?

I'm sure they are showing the x3!

I only ask because I'm paranoid about spec write ups and images that vary from site to site and if I'm going to buy a product for nearly £3000 I want it to at least look like the picture?? :confused:

Cheers.

HI Dizz,

Checking for you now.....

Back soon,,,

Regards Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Is it just me or are the images for the X7 DT v6 incorrect?

I'm sure they are showing the x3!

I only ask because I'm paranoid about spec write ups and images that vary from site to site and if I'm going to buy a product for nearly £3000 I want it to at least look like the picture?? :confused:

Cheers.

Hi Dizz,

Images are not 100% correct, although they are the right model, ie X7:

The X7 has number pad keys on right of the keyboard, X3 doesn't. So the images are of X7 chassis, but we have informed OCUK that the images need updating.

The new chassis has some new air intake vents on the top side: And also features new RGB "FUSION KEYBOARD"

4HwHkpx.jpg uQFATv6.jpg

Hope that clarifies for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
No worries,

I'm very excited about the new Aorus line up so I've been swatting up and watching videos which is the only reason I noticed something was up. It was actually the top of the laptop that caught my eye as oppose to the keyboard. The x3 has the line in the middle where the x7 has the angles coming from the centre...at least in the videos I've been watching ;).

Just frustrating when retailers have incorrect imagery etc. Seems to happen all over the place?!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
No worries,

I'm very excited about the new Aorus line up so I've been swatting up and watching videos which is the only reason I noticed something was up. It was actually the top of the laptop that caught my eye as oppose to the keyboard. The x3 has the line in the middle where the x7 has the angles coming from the centre...at least in the videos I've been watching ;).

Just frustrating when retailers have incorrect imagery etc. Seems to happen all over the place?!

Hi Dizz,

Thanks for interest and research. The changes in chassis design are very subtle, so well spotted sir !

Once product arrives and you have ordered, let us know your order number and we will despatch a gift bag to you for bringing this to our attention.

OCUK now updated the images for us :)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...-ssd-1tb-hdd-8gb-nvidia-gtx-10-lt-02c-au.html

We hope to deliver the product into UK market very soon...

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Atom80,

Thanks for the gesture but still undecided on what to fork out the cold hard cash on. My wife might even beat me into submission over the exact model I go for..the 2400 quid one looks good too.

Any how. Cheers.

Associate
I'm keen to hear from owners of the new aorus range on how they handle heat? The Asus and Msi machines look thicker and that they can handle more heat...

out of all of my looking around, I'm leaning towards the Aorus 1070 with the 120hz screen...just wanted to check if it handles heat well?

Associate
I'll be getting the v5v6 on pay day, maybe doing a few videos on it. I've seen the keyboard flex might be an issue according to Hexus & Newegg. I don't know whether it would stop me from getting a laptop.

Soldato
I've been looking at getting a desktop replacement gaming laptop seeing as I'm going to be living on the road shortly.... and I've started eyeing up the beastly X7 DT v6 :D

I've just got 3 questions:

1) How on earth have you managed to contain all that beefy hardware in such a thin chassis? All the other 1070/1080 based laptops i've seen have been around twice the thickness! (and frigging ugly to boot)

2) Will the UK models come with a proper UK keyboard layout?

3) What brand HDDs and SSDs do you use? (Also - I'm assuming the included SSD is a single 512GB?)

Cheers!

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I've been looking at getting a desktop replacement gaming laptop seeing as I'm going to be living on the road shortly.... and I've started eyeing up the beastly X7 DT v6 :D

I've just got 3 questions:

1) How on earth have you managed to contain all that beefy hardware in such a thin chassis? All the other 1070/1080 based laptops i've seen have been around twice the thickness! (and frigging ugly to boot)

2) Will the UK models come with a proper UK keyboard layout?

3) What brand HDDs and SSDs do you use? (Also - I'm assuming the included SSD is a single 512GB?)

Cheers!

Hi OCdude,

Thanks for your enquiry, and sorry for delayed reply.

1) - Our R&D have been focussed on delivering a slimmer profile product with performance hardware since the brand launched, so its at the core of the AORUS strategy to provide a solution that looks great, is portable and has the highest spec components installed.

2) - YES, all UK models have always been UK spec, with UK format keyboard.

3) - HDD are currently Hitachi. SSD are Samsung branded, or sometimes Toshiba. There are 3 x M.2 bays and we ship with various configurations, each spec should have this information detailed.

So yes - this unit has 1 x 512GB SSD with 2 spare bays:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...-ssd-1tb-hdd-8gb-nvidia-gtx-10-lt-02c-au.html

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi OCdude,

Thanks for your enquiry, and sorry for delayed reply.

1) - Our R&D have been focussed on delivering a slimmer profile product with performance hardware since the brand launched, so its at the core of the AORUS strategy to provide a solution that looks great, is portable and has the highest spec components installed.

2) - YES, all UK models have always been UK spec, with UK format keyboard.

3) - HDD are currently Hitachi. SSD are Samsung branded, or sometimes Toshiba. There are 3 x M.2 bays and we ship with various configurations, each spec should have this information detailed.

So yes - this unit has 1 x 512GB SSD with 2 spare bays:

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks for clarifying - sounds good... although thinking about it.. I think i'll have to swap out the HDD with a 2 TB anyway :o

Looking forward to the reviews - are they due on our shores this week?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks for clarifying - sounds good... although thinking about it.. I think i'll have to swap out the HDD with a 2 TB anyway :o

Looking forward to the reviews - are they due on our shores this week?

Hi OCdude - we are chasing delivery schedule with HQ and will update when we have firm date. It wont be this week, we are confident of this. Sorry

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi OCdude - we are chasing delivery schedule with HQ and will update when we have firm date. It wont be this week, we are confident of this. Sorry

Regards,

Team AORUS

Please tell me the firm date will be any day before the 20th Oct. I'm really in need of a laptop before the 25th and the Aorus X7 V6-CF1 look to be perfectly made for me.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Please tell me the firm date will be any day before the 20th Oct. I'm really in need of a laptop before the 25th and the Aorus X7 V6-CF1 look to be perfectly made for me.

Hi CerateD,

We certainly hope that the goods will land by the date you mention. We cannot be 100% sure because a lot of factors come into play, but info supplied today gives us confidence that it would be here on time for your desired date.

Hope that helps,

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom