New gaming Laptop £2-2.5k

Man of Honour
Why are you ruling out the MSI range? I've had 4 laptops now, in the space of a few weeks. Granted, two were MSI which were faulty, but I've since got myself another (albeit a 1070 instead of the 1080) and it is marvellous. It's a better beast than the equivalent Asus and it is cheaper too.

Associate
OP
Why are you ruling out the MSI range? I've had 4 laptops now, in the space of a few weeks. Granted, two were MSI which were faulty, but I've since got myself another (albeit a 1070 instead of the 1080) and it is marvellous. It's a better beast than the equivalent Asus and it is cheaper too.

To be fair, my GT72 is a cracking machine. But was sold under the pretence that I could upgrade the GPU rather have pay out again for an entire new laptop. But the new Pascal cards are not fitting in the the new MSI machines as promised.

MSI UK said they were working on a solution, trade in your existing machine for a machine containing a Pascal card, and the details of the trade in plan would be released within 3 weeks (that was 3 weeks ago today) and there is still no published plan.

(A friend from France has been told by MSI to send in his GT72 with GTX980m and €1,500 to receive a GT72 with GTX1070. In effect paying over €2,000 for an upgrade to GPU but downgrade for other aspects. The new GT72 has no mux switch for changing from GTX1070 to intel gpu, and it has no ability to raid SSD's.)

This is my third MSI notebook, GT60, GS60 now GT72. All have been great but I'm so ****ed at the lack of transparency from MSI regarding this and the potential of having to outlay for a whole new machine that I would rather give my money to another manufacturer.

So, what are my options? I've looked at Aorus but know little about them, Asus ROG, Clevo/Sager, or that oversized Acer 21" curved screen monster (I'm guessing will be out of budget.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom