Ghost of a Tale

Associate
Yet another crowd funding project, but the video oozes a charm that I haven't seen for a while. The game is currently a one man project by an ex-Dreamworks guy.

It's got 8 days left to achieve it's funding at the time of writing - hope it gets there.

Soldato
The game looks really lovely, as the OP said there is a certain charm to it and I do love it from the perspective of the little mouse where normal things become giant obstacles (like the crab!). From watching your video Shankly1985 I think the game is crying out for some voice acting, that would really up it a notch for me :)

Soldato
The game looks really lovely, as the OP said there is a certain charm to it and I do love it from the perspective of the little mouse where normal things become giant obstacles (like the crab!). From watching your video Shankly1985 I think the game is crying out for some voice acting, that would really up it a notch for me :)

Yeah it still needs work, the only thing that kinder worries me is. I see crowd founding for this started 2013 and is now released on steam 2016 that is along time, am reading this is built by one single guy lol quite achievement.
So how long for the full game? Lol does he now have more staff etc apart from that the game is excellent so far, even just made it outside.

Soldato
Yeah it still needs work, the only thing that kinder worries me is. I see crowd founding for this started 2013 and is now released on steam 2016 that is along time, am reading this is built by one single guy lol quite achievement.
So how long for the full game? Lol does he now have more staff etc apart from that the game is excellent so far, even just made it outside.

One chap has made this game? I'm extremely impressed, I've added to my wishlist of steam games, hopefully a full game and some more staff come along as that did look very promising indeed.

Soldato
Ok that is quite a long time! Depends on how seriously he took it at the beginning, was he just writing scripts and fleshing out ideas or had he already started coding the game and making the in-game assets?

Having just looked through the crowdfund page a bit more it's clicked! I was trying to remember a fantasy series I read about a mouse/otter (couldn't remember :D) back in the 90's as I thought it seemed familiar, turns out it was indeed the Redwall books, man that brings back some memories.

Soldato
Picked this up following Jim Sterlings video and i just love it. Theres a suprising amount of playability from this early access version and for me its totally worth the small outlay to jump in early.

No combat in this build from what i see, just lots of exploring, stealth, puzzles and questing.

Highly recommended from me

Associate
OP
Wow, 3 years since I originally posted this.

Just had to say thought that it's absolutely fantastic, and well worth the asking price.

One thing to point out though - the game changed during development and won't have combat now, so that 3 year old trailer is a bit on the irrelevant side.

Still utterly recommended though.

Soldato
Now released out of Steam early access. :D Its a real Gem of a game guys

http://store.steampowered.com/app/417290/Ghost_of_a_Tale/

E2ED9D9C3F47F6FFB168798AB9CD6096B0DCDEC1

Back
Top Bottom