What programming language for this project?

Soldato
Hi all,

For the last few days I've been playing with a raspberry pi, making it record an rtsp steam. I want to make a gui to start recording and set a schedule and have been using python/tkinter to do this. Would I be better off using c+ or some other programming language instead? The end result I would like is that the pi boots into the gui with no other desktop (so a bit like an NVR you could purchase).

Python should be able to do this (I think) but before I go too far down this road I want to make sure I've made the correct choice.

Thanks for any help. :)

edit, this will be my first proper attempt as writing an application.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Python +Tkinter is what I've been playing with and have gotten fairly far with this weekend so I guess I shall still with that. I've figured out this issue I was having..for a while I thought maybe it wasn't the correct language for this project but now I realise it was just me doing it wrong!

daz

daz

Soldato
Personally I would make it web based, so the interface is essentially just a web page running in a browser. You can then do Python/Ruby/PHP/Perl depending on your preference and existing knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom