Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
Wait, wait, wait. People can just leave them off if they so chose without really spoiling the screen per se? I assume warranty would be voided?
How about Hazro offers an open-face version without glass? I've thought about this several times in the past.

Instead of a glass cover, how about a hard plastic lid which clips over the monitor front for LCD protection when not in use? Or even a cloth cover like those you pull over a car.

To achieve the above, one might even purchase the glass fronted model and remove the glass whether it breaks or not.

Of course non-destructive glass removal instructions should still be forthcoming from Hazro. I still ask: How does Hazro disassemble the unit for repair?

Surely the black plastic casing + bezel + glazing is not one permanently glue-sealed unit. Even if the glass does not remove easily, even if some work and tools are required, they had to somehow provide for service work and therefore access to the monitor's innards.

Associate
Theres no way i would try to remove the glass to get at the dust and i dont see why i should as the dust just shouldnt be there.

If other companies can manage to produce screens like this without dust then Hazro aren't doing their jobs properly in my opinion.

I would have been willing to accept 1 or 2 dead pixels at most but i have 13 particles of dust which is anoying me after 10 mins.

I actually love this screen and would have loved to be singing its praises right now but i cant because i dont think Hazro should have released them like this, It isnt doin them any good as far as reputation. Personaly i think it would have been better to make us wait longer (maybe another 2 weeks) to ensure they got them right

Associate
i'm quite sure I'm going to keep mine. The dirt clump on the left just isn't bothering me. Knowing it's not a dead pixel also helps (don't ask me why).

I definitely feel for those in worse situations than mine. Honestly, if i had any more dust on it I'd send it back, but as it currently is i can live with it. The screen is absolutely fantastic aside from this, I don't think the Dell would impress me this much with it's LG coating and higher input lag. And as predicted, I'm now getting used to the glare issue.

Associate
Got mine. There are certainly some very minor issues, which seems to be dust. Haven't spotted a dead pixel yet.

Getting the stand on was a pain.

However, overall so far I'm extremely happy for the money - looks amazing.

Associate
My HZ27WC arrived this morning. No audio cable nor VGA cable (both listed on the OC product description). This doesn't bother me too much - it could even work as a handy excuse for returning the monitor outside the 7 day DSR window. (Product not as advertised.)

As far as I can tell there are no defects with the screen. Several suspected dead pixels turned out to be stubborn dust on the outside of the glass and wiped away after a couple of attempts.

There's a tiny bit of yellow tinge in the corners but I'd say the area affected is about 1cm square, and only visible at all with an white test image.

As for image quality: amazing. My main uses are 3d design, photography and games, and whilst I wouldn't use it for a quake live tourney the couple of hours I've spent in Mass Effect and Rift this morning have utterly transformed those two games. (My other gaming monitor is a Samsung 226BW.)

The only real concerns I have are:

Glossy coating. My goodness the glare is bad. In a room with curtains drawn but still some daylight getting in it's really hard to see the screen over the reflection. Short of blackout curtains I don't see any way to use this monitor on a sunny day.

Stand. Flimsy and cheap are the only way I can describe it. I'd strongly recommend replacing it with a proper mount if you intend to move the screen around at all, because it feels like it's going to topple over every time I touch it.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days. For the price and the quality of the panel itself I'm pretty happy, but it remains to be seen if the glare makes the monitor completely unusable for me.

Associate
My HZ27WC arrived this morning. No audio cable nor VGA cable (both listed on the OC product description). This doesn't bother me too much - it could even work as a handy excuse for returning the monitor outside the 7 day DSR window. (Product not as advertised.)
To be honest I wouldn't go down that route if you can avoid it - there's no fixed time limit for rejecting goods under the SoGA, but it's defined as in law as "reasonable". It's often assumed that there's a 30-day window for rejecting electrical goods, and this often seems to be the case in practice, but if things get ugly and you end up having to sue the retailer, then it's ultimately up to a county court judge to decide who was being "reasonable". He might well be of the opinion that you should have acted as soon as the missing items were noticed (should have checked as soon as possible after delivery), or that you were being unreasonable in rejecting the goods in their entirety, or his piles might be playing him up and he wants to go home, or he might just take a dislike to your face. Any of these might incline him to toss the case, or he could just order that you be supplied with the missing parts, which wouldn't help you if you were simply looking for an excuse to return the monitor.

As a general rule, if you're going to reject goods under the provisions of the SoGA (eg: "not as described"), you should do so as soon as the fault/omission/whatever becomes apparent, as it mimimizes any doubt as to your good faith as far as the retailer is concerned and also if/when further action is necessary. If you simply decide you don't like the monitor, then return it under the DSRs, that's what they're there for, and seven working days should be plenty to evaluate it properly. :)

/sorry for OT, keyboard lawyer mode off

Associate
I'm returning my monitor under DSR unopened. Have decided its not worth the risk and to be perfectly honest, I'm happy enough with my current monitor. This was more of an impulse buy.

Basically, I only live half an hours drive away so my question is can you drop it off yourself or do you need to get a courier to do it? (It was delivered by DPD so I am covered by DSR).

Soldato
I have upped my Hazro HZ27WC Monitor Calibrated Color Profile I showed you in this post http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18805770&postcount=1066 onto mediafire for those that would like to try it.

For the brightness setting for this color Profile, I turned down the brightness on the screen as far as it could go and i`m sure I up it either 2 or 3 times.

http://www.mediafire.com/?edj6mcdesdpdflp

I've tried your calibration profile as for some reason the TFT Central's one put 50% gamma values at 2.0 rather than 2.2.

Now it's all good as far as I can see, even though the screen is a little dark at default values.

Will test a little more and let you know if it works fine.

I'm also surprised that my monitor was properly calibrated out of the box but after all it ****ed up somehow and I had to use one of the profiles to fix it.

Dunno if it was something to do with the graphics card drivers or previous software that I had installed.

Associate
I'm returning my monitor under DSR unopened. Have decided its not worth the risk and to be perfectly honest, I'm happy enough with my current monitor. This was more of an impulse buy.

Basically, I only live half an hours drive away so my question is can you drop it off yourself or do you need to get a courier to do it? (It was delivered by DPD so I am covered by DSR).

Why wouldn't you open it to check if it is in fact perfectly fine? Seems a completely redundant exercise in buying one to then just return it.

Associate
Yeh maybe... with these problems, I've reconsidered if I actually need/want the screen anymore. I "only" have a 5850 and don't really want to upgrade any time soon. Also, I think 27" is too big for my uses anyway.

I'm probably just going to get a Dell U2311. They can be had for just under £200 at the moment. The £230 quid difference will also be appreciated.

Vir

Vir

Associate
Just put mine up on my wall yesterday, looks pretty nice, at least that's what I think... not so sure that the gf thinks the same :p

Ignore all the crap and cables

0a68167529.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Managers Post:

We were hoping for more appreciative comments on price vs. color accuracy, clarity and general brilliance of the panel as opposed to encouragement and prompts to thoroughly scrutinize displays in a quest to find defects. However, we are monitoring all comments and welcome feedback as it allows us to respond, adjust and change assembly line operations to meet the stringent needs of customers/suppliers. We are already looking into making changes but these will have to be adopted after consultation with resellers as changes result in price bumps. These models were intended for enthusiasts who would appreciate the price/quality aspect of the product.

On a note about the panel: firstly, this is a LED backlight and therefore, is not the same as those found in models featuring CCFL panels. A direct comparison would be unfair. The Hazro HZ27WB is a suitable contender for that.

IPS panels have their disadvantages. Color shifts [known as 'tinging'] are a characteristic of the panel and cannot therefore, be classed as a 'defect'. Further, newer panels are often prone to pixel defects and backlight uniformity more so than panels which have matured. LGs WUXGA range of IPS panels [models beginning LM240/260], as used in practically all 16:10 WUXGA models from vendors including Dell, HP, NEC, Philips and Sony, have been around for 8 years. During this time, consumer feedback has varied beginning with praise [for excellent color reproduction] to criticism for severe backlight non-uniformity/tinging/poor contrasts. It's only now [2010/2011] that we're seeing some consistency in these panels. The point here is that we are, like other vendors, at the mercy of panel manufacturers. LGs transition from LVDS to DP interfaces will see a new line of displays emerging this year with 3D and 120Hz IPS in the pipeline. There are things we can do to significantly improve quality, however, early adoption of panels into TVs/Monitors runs the risk of bad publicity for factors out of our control.

Pre-launch field tests, QA and QC inspections and 3rd party testing agencies cannot provide feedback in the same way OCUK community members can - so please post and share your experiences [good and bad]. What we can control: we will change. Our plan is to offer the best and latest LCD/LED products and we aim to achieve this with community support.

Back
Top Bottom