Configuring HP 1810 Switch

Associate
Hi everyone, recently I've been having a dabble in networking and I've got myself a new HP 1810G switch however I have no idea how to configure it. I'm trying to create two VLANS for a public and private network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this :)

Associate
OP
Associate
Apologies as it's all rather new but I'm looking to implement a system to segregate the guest network and restrict the bandwidth that it uses. Anyway that can achieve this in the best way possible is what I'm looking for :)

You'll need a layer 3 device to do that (e.g. a router with such facilities), unless you want ti simply force a port to 10mbit on the switch.

Caporegime
Sell or return it, buy an Ubiquiti or Mikrotik router if you want a learning tool. There's very little you can do on an HP 1810 except watch it fall over if you push it too hard.

Associate
OP
You'll need a layer 3 device to do that (e.g. a router with such facilities), unless you want ti simply force a port to 10mbit on the switch.
This would probably work :)
Sell or return it, buy an Ubiquiti or Mikrotik router if you want a learning tool. There's very little you can do on an HP 1810 except watch it fall over if you push it too hard.
I already have a Ubiquity router so this is just for added ports which can also be managed :)

Associate
Make switch ports members of VLANs
Create VLAN trunk port back to your router
Create VLAN interfaces on the router, assign to VLAN tags
Configure your subnetting
Configure your firewall
Configure your QoS/queues to suit

It's not entry level stuff..

Back
Top Bottom