ESET Endpoint

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Just started supporting a new customer on break/fix. Their previous guy migrated them to O365 and ESET Endpoint management.

Some machines have had issues sending mail, with emails taking an age to get out of the outbox - literally measured in hours in many cases. I've scanned their profiles and setup new profiles - no difference. I remove ESET Endpoint and the problem goes away?

Anyone had any similar issues? Also, how do you manage these Endpoints? I've been passed the credentials for the licence manager but I would expect to see reporting on detections, scans, updates and the like.

Many thanks in advance.

Associate
We have 2 clients running ESET and have deployed ESET Remote Administrator for alerts and monitoring.One is on v5, the other on v6.

It allows for centralised management of policies and settings etc.

1 of the 2 uses 365 as well and we don't see the same issue you are having.
You say 'some' machines are having issues, do the uses have particularly large mailboxes?

Soldato
OP
To be honest it is now happening to all users, and not just mail. They're getting issues with web connectivity as well - got a technical ticket with the ISP as for some reason there are random spikes throughout an average working day.

The ESET Endpoint is already deployed across the network, can I deploy ESET Remote Administrator and then add their endpoints to it for control/monitoring?

Associate
Sounds like connectivity on the first point, though i wouldn't rule out ESET.

Each client will need "Remote Administration" configuring to point at the ESET RA server.
Alternatively i think you could push/deploy the config from the RA console using Active Directory.
The roll-out we did, the client had Endpoint Security already installed and we reconfigured all the machines manually.

Hope that helps.

Soldato
OP
Turns out it was a Broadband Fault, and also an Office365 issue which had not been disclosed in the Organisation Health App until late last week.

This customer does not have a Domain Environment and ESET has been deployed onto each machine - does ESET still have the same functionality outside of a domain environment?

Associate
Glad that was resolved then!

ESET can deploy to locally detected machines but you would need valid credentials on all of them to deploy still - which is why a domain environment is easier.

I'm not sure how else you could go about applying the policy to all the machines in an automated manor, but you can certainly configure the basics (Remote admin server) on all machines manually and then once they are talking to the RA server, push a configured policy to the machines.

Clients routinely connect to the RA server and poll for policy changes and push logs to the server etc.

Back
Top Bottom