Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Has anyone installed ESXI 6.0 on the Gen8? Do you need to inject NIC drivers into the ISO before you do the install? I've tried the normal ISO and the HPE version.

I've just had a quick go at installing it using the iLO and it complains that it has no network adapters.

Associate
If anyone is interested I've had mine running a 1230v2 69w chip with standard cooling and a low/medium fan profile for 2 years and temperatures are fine. It gets a little warm under sustained load but nothing to worry about.

Idle power use for the cpu is ~6w and full load use is ~ 55w

Caporegime
I've created a work around ...I have created another plex server on my I7 computer and pointed the library to the micro server storage pool.

I've called this server DTS Audio Server and can just swap between the two in Amazon fire plex app.

Soldato
Search for.

StarTech 12 inch SATA Serial ATA Cable

LINDY 0.15m 3.5" Power Female to SATA Power Adapter

that's all you need to get an SSD working

If you fancy 16 GB then:

2 x Kingston Technology 8 GB DDR3 1,600 MHz DIMM ECC Memory Module

Last edited:
Soldato
Great minds think alike ;)

It's probably in this thread somewhere but anybody wanting advanced ILO just search for "512485-B21/512519-021 F/S NEW RETAIL HP ILO ADVANCED PK SINGLE SVR" and it should get you what you need off a well know auction site, Stelly tell me they're currently going for around £20

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom