Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Soldato
Omg North and south..... Spent weeks playing championship manager/sensible soccer/speedball 2 tournaments with my mates over holiday periods.

Simpler fun times. :)

Soldato
This was the first game I ever played

My dad actually got very close to completing it and didnt realise until just now that the red blobs you collect are bombs that destroy everything on the screen. We just thought you had to collect them to increase your score!!

Soldato
Had me an A500, happy days trawling dungeons in Eye Of The Beholder. When the dungeon crawl get a bit too much I would fire up Lemmings, Sensible Soccer or Cannon Fodder. They certainly don't make games of that calibre anymore.

Soldato
I got Street Fighter 2 for the Amiga one Christmas. I was completely hyped for it and was blissfully unaware how bad the US Gold port was :D I remember trying many times to use a cheat to unlock the bosses which never worked.

Had a few controllers but played with one of these most of the time:

2505vnq.jpg

The Bug. Handy for wiggling on James Pond Aquatic Games.

I later realised you could use Mega Drive pads on the Amiga and found the precision of d-pad much better than anything else I had used.

Associate
I keep the dream alive with WinUAE on my laptop. Kick Off 2 was the don of all footie games back in the day.

Had most of the 'seminal' Amiga games by hook or by crook at osme point; the one that blows my mind today is Hunter; a fully 3D Sandbox mission based game some 15+ years before GTA3 and all on a couple of 880KB floppies!

Last edited:
Associate
But the one that stays with me is Turrican 2, because of the music. Chris Huelsbeck worked wonders to get the most out of Paula (4 Channel, 8-bit sound). Who can forget:

So good this guy did a metal tribute (and several others!)

Soldato
Got and A600 after my cousin had the 500+ for a year or so. I seem to remember it came with the Captain Planet game which was absolutely nails.

Highlights I remember...

Double Dragon II
Knights of the Sky
Alien Breed SE
Monkey Island 2
Syndicate
Stunt Car Racer
Chaos Engine
Turrican II
Another World
Flashback
IK+
Canon Fodder
Micro Machines

Amiga Format magazine....jeez the pocket money I spent on that bad boy. Probably could have bought a house at 21.

Associate
OP
Reading about all the awesome Amiga hardware and software you guys had makes me realize even more so how much we missed out on the beauty that was Amiga here in Canada. What a different world it would have been if Amiga became dominant instead of the PC.

Soldato
Reading about all the awesome Amiga hardware and software you guys had makes me realize even more so how much we missed out on the beauty that was Amiga here in Canada. What a different world it would have been if Amiga became dominant instead of the PC.

I agree but Commodore went full retard in the early 90's and killed itself.:(

Soldato
Amiga 1200 was my first computer I bought myself, worked in a pub kitchen for 6 months washing dishes at 13 to save up for it.

Was an Amiga fan for most of the 90's and early 2000's, switched to PC's around 2002 though as the temptation was just so.. tempting.

Still have my A1200 and 68040 accelerator card with 4Mb ram tucked away somewhere, no idea if it still works though.

Soldato
I remember making Utility disks for Amiga owners. I had a demo maker which wowed my friends. it had a fancy intro with music and around 20-30 Utilities on a single disk. Things like X-Copy. I never bought a game we always had a black market where I lived where people shared copied games. I think in the end I had around 500 disks full of games. Happy days.

Soldato
Has anyone here seen Commodore Amiga: a visual Commpendium - I saw it in a gift shop to a computer game museum in Berlin and loved it so I've now got it incoming as a Christmas prezzie along with the C64 one!

Not a great deal of text but the visuals are amazing and bring back soooooooo many memories!

*edit* just seen this was already mentioned on page 3!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom