• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD - How To Overclock The Official Way Using Afterburner + Step By Step Overclocking Guide + Comple

Associate
Tried this myself and it didn't seem to unlock voltage control and my overclocking range is lower than before :\

jvYaiyE3M4Lkq.png

jbcvEvHEdESYZp.png

Associate
I used this method in the past adding /xcl to the AB shortcut to allow full unlock

But I found that I had to change User Mode to Kernel Mode to get it to work for me

Caporegime
OP
I just did it again, from scratch. Didn't touch the cfg. Install afterburner, run it, restart at prompt, install the clock change patch, added the /xcl ran the shortcut, deleted /xcl, restarted pc.

Unlocking voltage in settings is the last thing you do!!

Associate
I just did it again, from scratch. Didn't touch the cfg. Install afterburner, run it, restart at prompt, install the clock change patch, added the /xcl ran the shortcut, deleted /xcl, restarted pc.

Unlocking voltage in settings is the last thing you do!!

That's exactly what I did, as well as installing this as per instructed http://www.sendspace.com/file/r7jys0

Associate
I think ive discovered the problem.

Ok try this. I managed to replicate it not working.

Try placing these two files in your windows/sys64 folder, then do the guide. I don't think the clock control patch is needed, but these files are instead. Let me know how it goes and ill update the guide.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oh85by

sys64? Didn't think such a folder existed, only system32. Can't seem to find one anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Found it now. So just dump them in loose, no need to place them in any specific folder?

Then just try the Afterburner installation again I guess?

Yep. I'm convinced this will work, if it doesn't ill buy you a beer and we can reminisce about the good old days. Hopefully borely gives it another bash as well.

Caporegime
OP
I know even in just unlocking Afterburner on later versions of CCC you need 2 .dll files extra I take it these are the ones?
Regards

Yes, these are the two files. I guess thats why its not working, because you guys dont have them.

To be honest i forgot i had them installed as i added them to enable my 6950 un-official overclocking in afterburner 6+months ago so the files have been sitting in my windows folder all this time and hence, it worked first time for me.

Caporegime
OP
Tried it and still no voltage control. Looks like I'll just have to use Trixx again.

The plot thickens. If i remove those files then the /xcl command does not work for me and afterburner won't open till i remove the /xcl.

Just install afterburner on its own and unlock voltage control. You should be able to do that, if you can't then something is wrong.

We really need someone else to try this to get a wider spectrum.

Maybe you do need the clock control patch.

Last edited:
Associate
The plot thickens. If i remove those files then the /xcl command does not work for me and afterburner won't open till i remove the /xcl.

Just install afterburner on its own and unlock voltage control. You should be able to do that, if you can't then something is wrong.

We really need someone else to try this to get a wider spectrum.

Maybe you do need the clock control patch.

Done both of those things, and no voltage tweak. Just doesn't seem to work for me, going to go back to Trixx as it worked for me.

Caporegime
OP
Done both of those things, and no voltage tweak. Just doesn't seem to work for me, going to go back to Trixx as it worked for me.

It seems the clock control file adds the files automatically.

Something must be wrong with your setup if you cant even unlock voltage control in afterburner. Thats a basic feature that you can enable after install without touching anything.

Which ati drivers are you using?

EDIT

Confirmed working for other people

http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4288963

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom