G.Skill single rank or dual rank

Associate
Hi
After selecting motherboard I thought rest should be easy, but reading some memory reviews I am even more confused. So now I am here, looking some help to select ram.
My system
i7 6700K, Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7eu, SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 cpu cooler, Msi Gtx 1060 Armor 6G, Hynix 250Gb ssd, WD Blue 1tb hdd, Evga 750W GQ psu and Rosewill Stealth mid tower. Pc would be used for gaming, streaming(in home only), internet and some office work.

The info I gathered is that Ripjaw V series DDR4 is dual rank with samsung ic and Trident Z series is single rank with samsung ic.

Dual rank performs better than single rank and single rank overclocks much better than dual rank. If this info is correct then Ripjaw V series should be better than Trident, if running at stock speeds. As I won't be overclocking the ram, so should I go with Ripjaw series or Trident series is still better as it is considered more solidly built.

Ripjaw V DDR4 3200 8x2gb cas 16 is priced at £85. Both Ripjaw v and Trident Z series DDR4 3200 8x2gb with cas 15 and 14 are between £100 to £105, so hardly any price difference.

So which one I should buy. Budget is not a problem, just want the best out of these.
Thanks

Associate
You answered your own question dude.

Hi
After selecting motherboard I thought rest should be easy, but reading some memory reviews I am even more confused. So now I am here, looking some help to select ram.
My system
i7 6700K, Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7eu, SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 cpu cooler, Msi Gtx 1060 Armor 6G, Hynix 250Gb ssd, WD Blue 1tb hdd, Evga 750W GQ psu and Rosewill Stealth mid tower. Pc would be used for gaming, streaming(in home only), internet and some office work.

The info I gathered is that Ripjaw V series DDR4 is dual rank with samsung ic and Trident Z series is single rank with samsung ic.

Dual rank performs better than single rank and single rank overclocks much better than dual rank. If this info is correct then Ripjaw V series should be better than Trident, if running at stock speeds. As I won't be overclocking the ram, so should I go with Ripjaw series or Trident series is still better as it is considered more solidly built.

Ripjaw V DDR4 3200 8x2gb cas 16 is priced at £85. Both Ripjaw v and Trident Z series DDR4 3200 8x2gb with cas 15 and 14 are between £100 to £105, so hardly any price difference.

So which one I should buy. Budget is not a problem, just want the best out of these.
Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks mistersprinkles.
I just wanted to confirm that the info about G.Skill ripjaw v and trident is correct as I could be wrong.

So ripjaw v should perform better than trident z.

Associate
Hi
My system

Thanks

Well, that Board is a Dual channel memory, It's the same as mine this one right
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-ga-z170x-gaming-7-intel-z170-socket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-526-gi.html ?

Always best to go with what the Motherboard is built on

Specification: Supports Dual Channel DDR4-3400+(OC) Memory :eek:

Back
Top Bottom