Lightning cables that aren't crap

Associate
Can anyone recommend any please?

I bought an anker cable as that was supposedly the best according to some reviews I read, but my girlfriend's started failing within a week and my cable only lasted a few more weeks before it did the same.

I really don't want to have to buy the official cables as they're still exorbitantly expensive.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks all.

Soldato
Can't go wrong with a brand like anker either. Incredible quality. I charge my iPhone 7 with one of their Quick charge 3 chargers (I know the iPhone doesn't support quick charging, haha) and it's amazing quality. I'm gonna grab a couple of their braided cables payday.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the recommendations chaps, I think I'll go for some of the amazon basics cables. Three of these and the cost is still less than that of one 1m official Apple cable!

Associate
OP
Can't go wrong with a brand like anker either. Incredible quality. I charge my iPhone 7 with one of their Quick charge 3 chargers (I know the iPhone doesn't support quick charging, haha) and it's amazing quality. I'm gonna grab a couple of their braided cables payday.

I bought an anker cable as that was supposedly the best according to some reviews I read, but my girlfriend's started failing within a week and my cable only lasted a few more weeks before it did the same.

Even though they get rave reviews on Amazon, I won't be buying another and wouldn't recommend them to anyone else.

Soldato
Ahhhhh. Sorry. I didn't catch that bit. You won't be disappointed with an amazon basics cable in that case lad ! :D I don't think I'll buy an anker cable !

Commissario
Don't take this the wrong way but what are you guys doing with your cables - iPhone 5 lightning cable still going strong here
I'll take a guess that they're pulling them out and plugging them in from the cable, not the plug itself. That will eventually destroy any cable. I'm still using the very first lightning cable that I got when they were first released and it's in perfectly good condition because I look after it.

I've also got one of the micro USB<>lightning adaptors that I bought at the same time which can be used to convert any micro USB cable to lightning. I use that in my bedroom and bought it using the logic that if I managed to damage the cable (I haven't), all I'd need to buy would be a cheap micro USB cable, not a new lightning cable.

As it happens, over the years now since lightning was introduced, I've got a load of spare Apple cables that I've never used which came with new devices.

If they've broken due to being faulty, return them for a refund or replacement. Of course, if they've broken due to being poorly handled then you can't do that.

Soldato
Pull it out by the plug not the cable.

I have ancient super long Apple lightning cables that were in the APR shop I used to run. We would use them in store for demo units and they'd get abused by everyone until they started to go wonky at the ends but still worked, and then we'd cut the security bit off and take them home. They ALL still work - I haven't even worked there in over a year and I took most of mine a couple of years before I left.

Treat them properly. Don't pull them out by the wire.

Soldato
I find Anker are pretty good. Although I did have a 1m cable that started failing after 6 months or so (most likely due to me coiling it up 'fairly' tightly when i stored it). They happily replaced it within 48 hours - so I can't really complain!

I also have one of their braided cables which seems even sturdier - no issues with that thus far!

Associate
Have got a bunch of Anker cables (and chargers) and they've all been great, no problems. As above, if they broke because they were faulty I would contact them about a free replacement.

Back
Top Bottom