• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
The only way multi-GPU will pick up is when consoles start to use dual GPUs, which is likely to never happen....

PS4 PRO is going to be using some sort of dual gpu setup nexus. I read it's going to have some sort of architecture where it can disable the 2nd gpu for the old ps4 games to provide compatibility, but the newer games attempting higher resolution and higher fps will utilise both gpu's for the grunt required

Last edited:
Caporegime
PS4 PRO is going to be using some sort of dual gpu setup nexus. I read it's going to have some sort of architecture where it can disable the 2nd gpu for the old ps4 games to provide compatibility, but the newer games attempting higher resolution and higher fps will utilise both gpu's for the grunt required

ohhhhh nice!

Really can't wait to see what it is capable of when released.

Caporegime
I have pulled my hair out with my a sli setup I had yrs ago, I had nothing but trouble with it and was a total waste of money.. It was like bliss when I changed to the 1 card setup, all the problems just went, HEAVEN lol

Yeah i had nothing but trouble with Xfire, this is my first time with it, and it'll be my last, i only lasted a few weeks before i disabled my second card, bloody rediculous the amount of times i had to quit games to disable it, and then reload them back up on a single due to problems, flickering textures, stuttering, the list just goes on and on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah i had nothing but trouble with Xfire, this is my first time with it, and it'll be my last, i only lasted a few weeks before i disabled my second card, bloody rediculous the amount of times i had to quit games to disable it, and then reload them back up on a single due to problems, flickering textures, stuttering, the list just goes on and on.

I cant speak for how mGPU setups are today, but when i had 2x 7950 the only thing holding me back was my FX 8350 otherwise i remember it as crossfire working fine for the most part, same was my experience with sli 560 ti's. I find it a bit sad if thats not the case anymore, as i have plans down the line to go mGPU again.

Associate
Been this way for us crossfire users for too long now. We do seem to get little love, it doesn't even surprise me anymore to be honest, I'm used to it now. Crossfire is a broken mess in bf1, SP seems excellent for the most part, however going deeper into the campaign I experienced the same texture flickering and horrendous scaling moments as I experience in MP. Ballroom Blitz is an absolute catastrophe off a map with crossfire enable - negative scaling and flickering buildings/courtyards in the centre of the map. My usage on both cards drops to 30% on that map, I've never ever experienced such crap with a crossfire profile.

Crossfire is dead to me, I just turn it off in games now and deal with average performance on a freesync screen.

Just make sure you post a report mate, we are a minority, but we need to keep reporting it. I'll be posting another crossfire failure video on youtube later.

l agree totally!

Caporegime
Tony - Tried a couple of MP maps earlier and got exactly the same scaling. With DSR'ing upto 5120x2160@Ultra I'd certainly notice if it wasn't!! lol

But I checked with AB of course.

Caporegime
Good jedi...obviously just AMD being AMD putting out these incredible drivers that support crossfire for a particular game lol.

Don't get me wrong, the scaling isn't perfect but it's still allowing me to play at such a great (false) res! Hopefully when the DX12 mGPU patch comes then it'll utilise them both close to 100% at the time :) :D

(in fact come to think of it, I'm only running at 4.2Ghz atm, might be bottlenecking slightly)

Soldato
Ok...good shout that shanks. Hadnt thought about it. I just find it odd how single player is really very good 90% of the time but MP is a woeful experience.

My best guess here might be something to do with CPU performance in multi player atm is having strange problems. One game performance graph is flat the next its a mess.

Game need patches

Associate
Well my BF4 perf went to ****. Not played it in months but now, whether i use the user.cfg or not, Borderless Window Mode has so much stutter with DX11 or Mantle. It was silky smooth before.

Did something change?

Associate
They finally fixed the fans continuing to stay at high revs for ages after quitting a game \0/

But they still haven't fixed Wattman crashing if you go back to another menu then try to re-enter Wattman. It does Stopped Working every single time.

Soldato
Tony have you tried forcing Battlefront profile? Reading the Dice forums SLI and Crossfire seems to be mixed some having good results others not so much so.

Well played sir, well played. Just trying the Battlefront crossfire profile with BF1 and the flickering seems to have been fixed. Can't say 100% for sure yet, but so far on Ballroom Blitz not seen it happen. :)

Soldato
nope. Cancel that, MP still a shower of ****. Its actually even worse with Battlefront profile lol, Ballroom Blitz is ok, but most of the other maps I feel like I should be on Ecstasy with the amount of flickering on the screen.

Another game I'll be disabling crossfire.

Caporegime
nope. Cancel that, MP still a shower of ****. Its actually even worse with Battlefront profile lol, Ballroom Blitz is ok, but most of the other maps I feel like I should be on Ecstasy with the amount of flickering on the screen.

Another game I'll be disabling crossfire.

I can't see AMD allowing that to continue with it being such a big release. Hopefully a fix will come soon (whether that be a dev or driver patch).

I'm hoping that Crossfire improves over the next couple of years tbh, I'd like AMD (and a big Freesync monitor) to be an upgrade option in the future :)

Back
Top Bottom