*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
Me too ... I'm missing locking S-Notes with fingerprint/pin too:(

[email protected]

Hello *********

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Oh wonder which one I will choose

The answer to the question isn't there!

Don
So the £70 refund from CPW didn't arrive. Phoned up and they've processed it again saying some error stopped it going through the first time.

Caporegime
1OkgjQa.gif

:D

Soldato
Got a S7Edge and £100 cheque being sent from CPW, also because I did the upgrade in a CPW in a Currys/PCWorld instead of a proper store I also got a £50 Currys Voucher for doing my upgrade there!

S7E is ok, not as good as the note but still think it was the best option for me with current market. Fingers crossed there is an exchange program for S8 or next Note (whatever they call it) iteration for those impacted by this whole thing, not holding my breathe though.

Man of Honour
OP
I still haven't received my money back from Samsung. They picked up my phone on Tuesday.

Also I haven't received an acknowledgement they've received it either.

Not impressed.

Mine was also picked up on Tuesday and still on refund for the price difference of the replacement. I can see another call coming tomorrow. :(

Associate
I still haven't received my money back from Samsung. They picked up my phone on Tuesday.

Also I haven't received an acknowledgement they've received it either.

Not impressed.

Just to share my experience when I returned it - I actually received the refund after about 16-17 days, even though they advise clients that it takes 3-5 days after they receive it. They received the device the following day after I posted it.

I also had to call them about 5 times in this period in order to get to the refund bit: at first they haven't found any note that said I requested the refund (which I did), then they said I did not send the device (which I did and I also had the signed proof from Royal Mail), then escalated it to one of their managers which said they just got the device (more than a week after they signed for it) and then, one call later they actually said they were processing the refund.

Also, 0please note I returned it before the second recall started so I guess it could be a bit more manic at the moment.

Associate
I still Have my note 7 and EE haven't been in touch since an initial call I made to them in which they didn't really know what they were going to do other than send a s7 loan phone.

I bought a case for 40 pounds the day the new green icon phone arrived and EE said I would need to contact Samsung for refund for that. I bought it from amazon.

Has anyone had a refund for third party accessories and whom refunded it as I think EE should refund me rather than for me to chase up the supplier.

Sent from Samsung note 7 :o

Soldato
Yep. Amazon refunded my Note 7 leather case. As soon as the parcel was scanned at the 'collect+ point' where I live the refund came through. Very impressed.

Also, a mobile fun case, they just emailed me to say the refund process is going through ok.
So all good.
Apart from Samsung, who still haven't refunded me or emailed me with goods over £800..

Last edited:
Soldato
O2 hasnt collected my phone either.

Don't mind the wait since the Quidco cashback still haven't gone through and I can just file the chargeback within a 6 month period anyway lol.

On a side note, Zagg replaced my Note 7 screen protector (purchased directly from them) for their iPhone 7 plus Sapphire Defense for free. Couldn't really fault that.

All other accessories refunded from Amazon.

Soldato
Very tempted to keep mine now until new releases in Feb, anyone else?

Don't do that.

I would rather keep using it until O2 & UKMail sort their **** out and give me a full refund.

Free flagship phone for 2 months, plus all the cashbacks and extra cash I got from the VR headset, extra accessories from the old phone...

Soldato
O2 hasnt collected my phone either.

Don't mind the wait since the Quidco cashback still haven't gone through and I can just file the chargeback within a 6 month period anyway lol.

On a side note, Zagg replaced my Note 7 screen protector (purchased directly from them) for their iPhone 7 plus Sapphire Defense for free. Couldn't really fault that.

All other accessories refunded from Amazon.
Thanks for the heads up I bought the led view case from a Amazon seller called Handtek and they have accepted my returns request so hopefully will get my £44 back

Back
Top Bottom