Abit IP35 Pro / Q9650 compatibility

nxr

nxr

Associate
I'm looking to give my PC a bit of a mid-life boost by replacing my old dual core with a nice shiny new quad core.

With the recent price drops, the Q9650 seems to have dropped into my price range. But the IP35 Pro CPU compatibility chart only lists up to the Q9550.

Has anyone used a Q9650 with an IP35 Pro? Any issues with this setup? Or should I just go for a Q9550 to be safe?

I was in the same boat with my DFI, but it works no problems since a BIOS update (it posted before that anyway). Make sure you update your BIOS to the latest version and you should be fine. However if you just want to play safe there won't be much difference between a Q9550 and a Q9650 anyway, so for piece of mind a Q9550 would be a safe option.

Associate
I'm looking to give my PC a bit of a mid-life boost by replacing my old dual core with a nice shiny new quad core.

With the recent price drops, the Q9650 seems to have dropped into my price range. But the IP35 Pro CPU compatibility chart only lists up to the Q9550.

Has anyone used a Q9650 with an IP35 Pro? Any issues with this setup? Or should I just go for a Q9550 to be safe?

There have been lots of problems with the Pro and 45's with EO stepping. ABIT hasn't been updating their BIOS to accommodate these newer CPUs.

Check out this link
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3494150

starting with Page 281.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom