Getting a lot of problems with my pc, and its brand new, possible virus? Or isit my internet?

Associate
At first everything was running smooth as can be, but just recently its started going slow, im getting errors in games, ie blue screen of death, missing dmv.dll files, games wont run, its doing my head in now as ive just spent 1500 quid on it, and feels like a waste, i love my pc but seems like a lot of money to spend for this sort of stuff to happen, i should be able to do ANYTHING without hassle for that amount of money

Associate
Not sure why it would randomly be getting slow if it's new? I'd just back everything important that you want to keep on an external hard drive and format it tbh.

Soldato
Unfortunately the whether you spend £50 or £10,000 on a PC your still vulnerable to the same things like viruses.

I keep a backup of c:\users\"username" folder and my fav programs on my d: drive then on a USB stick my Mobo/Graphics drivers and a win10 boot image. That way when ever my system starts playing up i can just boot from USB and format/reinstall windows in a matter of minutes.

A format probably isnt needed a lot of the time, but its so quick nowadays i just do it anyway and save messing around hunting for viruses and corrupt files.

Soldato
Did you end up building this yourself in the end?

I see you have threads on possibly scratching your motherboard etc!?

I would suggest. Completely reinstall Windows, download the latest drivers for everything and then install an anti-virus and then test that for a few days before installing any games.

Soldato
At first everything was running smooth as can be, but just recently its started going slow, im getting errors in games, ie blue screen of death, missing dmv.dll files, games wont run, its doing my head in now as ive just spent 1500 quid on it, and feels like a waste, i love my pc but seems like a lot of money to spend for this sort of stuff to happen, i should be able to do ANYTHING without hassle for that amount of money

List your full spec and we'll go from there..

Back
Top Bottom