Just bought an OPPO HA-2 ok for HD 650?

Soldato
Better, maybe; different, definitely. The ESS Sabre DAC in the HA-2 would be a lot colder and more analytical than the FiiO with it's warm, house sound signature.

What puzzles me though is that for the price of the X3ii plus the HA-2, you could have got a FiiO X5ii plus change, an A&K jr or for an extra hundred gone all the way up to the FiiO X7.

I know people do it, there are tons of them on head-fi that use amp/DACs to change the sound signature but personally I've never been able to justify it, I'd rather just get a better DAP in the first place.

I guess I just don't like mobile stacks. :D

Caporegime
OP
Better, maybe; different, definitely. The ESS Sabre DAC in the HA-2 would be a lot colder and more analytical than the FiiO with it's warm, house sound signature.

What puzzles me though is that for the price of the X3ii plus the HA-2, you could have got a FiiO X5ii plus change, an A&K jr or for an extra hundred gone all the way up to the FiiO X7.

I know people do it, there are tons of them on head-fi that use amp/DACs to change the sound signature but personally I've never been able to justify it, I'd rather just get a better DAP in the first place.

I guess I just don't like mobile stacks. :D

His HA-2 was second hand. ;)

Soldato
Makes a lot more sense in that case, I think I would have balked at paying a hundred pounds more than the X3ii cost in the first place for sound signature tweaking :D

Back
Top Bottom