How to speed up Wi-fi

Soldato
Connecting via wireless from the Lenovo?

You need to know what the wireless adapter in the Lenovo is capable of. The same model of laptop can be fitted with a variety of different wireless adapters so you need to check what's installed.

Whatever you do you aren't going to see a reliable 750Mbps over wireless.

Permabanned
OP
Connecting via wireless from the Lenovo?

You need to know what the wireless adapter in the Lenovo is capable of. The same model of laptop can be fitted with a variety of different wireless adapters so you need to check what's installed.

Whatever you do you aren't going to see a reliable 750Mbps over wireless.

Iphone is getting 300 out

Soldato
Whatever the link speed is you can half it for actual throughput. The reason you were only seeing 90Mbps with the original router has been covered.

You're never going to fully exploit a 750Mbps connection using a single wireless device. You can keep buying more-and-more expensive routers, but it just isn't going to happen.

The speed you're seeing is more than enough for anything I can think of. I'd live with it and plug a cable in on the rare occasions you actually need the bandwidth.

Permabanned
OP
Ok sounds good, well I am happy knowing I'm getting the best out of it. getting 90 was just feeling like it was a waste

Man of Honour
What is that new router capable of processing on the WAN side? Have you tried wired? Ie, cable from wall, router, cable to computer?

Back
Top Bottom