Email client issues

Soldato
Hi - I think this is the right place for this to go.

Up until this morning I've had no issues. I did restart my router a couple of times last night. I usually access my emails via Thunderbird on my pc an K-9 mail on my phone with no problems. The accounts are setup as they are meant to be. Since this morning neither K9 or Thunderbird can access my emails. K9 simply doesn't connect and Thunderbird has a message come up that says server ********@btopenworld.com has disconnected. The server may have gone down or there may be a network issue.

I can connect to my emails if I go to BT.COM and login via my browser. My pc is hardwired to the router, so I tried using next door's BT.FON free access on my phone to see if that was an issue - same problem with the phone.

I've been on the phone to BT but it's like speaking to someone who doesn't understand English -.-

My settings are these as taken directly off BT's :

Incoming Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Port: 993 (this should be automatically populated if you tick the SSL Encryption)
SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)
Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part
Password: your btinternet password
Root folder/path:
Folder separator: . (full stop)

Although I don't know what the last two bits mean

If I set up the account as POP3 Thunderbird will connect, but as soon as I try IMAP like I've always had it I get the above error.

Any ideas or do I need to call BT back? It's doing my head in!!

Back
Top Bottom