BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Oh right sorry its funny I didn't even pay any attention to that when I signed up

Vqzwuu7.jpg

sorry forgot how to imbed images lol

I'm about to move to a house that has very similar FTTC stats, and I'm still leaning towards going with FTTC over Virgin Media since I hate them so very much. 25mbit is a bit slow in this day and age though :(

Man of Honour
Two minutes is wishful thinking, it's a bit of a lottery. I'm quite adept with wireshark and it took me a good hour, the SR102 just refused to pass out the details.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
sky were superb for 14 years for me on ADSL/ADSL2/Fibre.

Only moved as I was in the same boat of getting a crap offer to stay with them (£25 a month for fibre pro)

Gone to BT for 12 months - £10 a month for Infinity 1, £120 cashback, £100 pre-paid mastercard, £5 a month for BT sport etc.

Will chop it back in 12 months if Sky doing a good deal.

Is this deal still available? If so how?

Soldato
Is this deal still available? If so how?

it was just on BT's website.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages

Looks like the £100 voucher isn't showing just now - wait for it. they usually pop up every so often.

Went live last night - 8 mins to switch sky hub over to BT hub, connect up the various cables, wait for it to connect and up and running no bother.
Full speed 52/10 from the off.

Also since I use a seperate AP for my wireless, no need to change all the wireless passwords/devices as they are all still on the same AP. Very simple and easy to do. (cashback tracked within 1 hour of ordering)

Associate
After waiting for around a year and a half I was finally able to order fibre today!
Going from 3meg to projected 78-80meg download, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 71meg.
They are sending a new homehub, but that will be getting replaced with an edgerouter a few weeks after to compliment my ap-ac pro.
Now to count down the remaining days...

Soldato
Anyone on Infinity having slow speeds in the last few days? I've dropped from @36Mb to @12Mb in the past few days. Sometimes its reasonably normal speeds around the @36Mb and then randomly it'll plummet, particularly in the evenings. BT Status checker says there are no issues on my line. Annoying.

V F

V F

Soldato
After waiting for around a year and a half I was finally able to order fibre today!
Going from 3meg to projected 78-80meg download, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 71meg.
They are sending a new homehub, but that will be getting replaced with an edgerouter a few weeks after to compliment my ap-ac pro.
Now to count down the remaining days...

I envy your excitement.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Heads up, the £100 reward card is back.

Ordered the infinity one, £12.50/month with the £100 on TCB too. Paid line rental up front (small saving) but effectively paid for with the above offers.

Soldato
Heads up, the £100 reward card is back.

Ordered the infinity one, £12.50/month with the £100 on TCB too. Paid line rental up front (small saving) but effectively paid for with the above offers.

Cancelled Virgin Media and just signed up to this.

Activation is 29th Sept.

Soldato
That's cheeky mind you - it was £10 a month last month - they've put it up to £12.50 now!

I noticed this, it was£10 pm with no offers on i.e. Reward Card.

I signed up 2-3 weeks ago, just before the £125 Reward card deal ended it is £13.50 pm. Now the reward card is £100 it's £12.50 pm.

So it's kind of subsidizing the reward costs.

Back
Top Bottom