*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Can I start with "what is a gateway?"

I'll explain.

I have an AC PRO. I'm just added a data cabinet with an Edgeswitch 24lite. Now my thinking is I should now see throughput etc on the unifi controller. NOPE.

It says I need to add a gateway. I thought my switch WAS a gateway. Ok so if its not the unifi controller should show me switches...Nope.

What am I not doing or doing incorrectly.

I can access the switch on 192.168.0.3. Default gateway is 192.168.1.1(virgin SH3 in modem mode). Cant seem to change that though.

Soldato
The Lite version isn't managed ( see edit). But yes I think that its. Am I expecting too much. Not an issue. I don't NEED to know throughput etc.

I have the VM SH3 switched to modem mode then into the switch with the AP also pugged into the switch

Edit: The switch IS managed

Last edited:
Soldato
Should it NOT be working without a router. I've got access to the net and my home network.

just checked default gateway is 192.168.1.1 but VM sh3 is 192.168.0.1

ok just checked its in router mode NOT modem mode as previously stated it was wifi i had turned off

Last edited:
Caporegime
The packet inspection stuff lives in the USG / USG Pro and that's what provides the historical throughput statistics. The EdgeSwitch isn't part of the UniFi range so you can't add it to your controller, there are rudimentary flow reports available in the UI though.

Soldato
The packet inspection stuff lives in the USG / USG Pro and that's what provides the historical throughput statistics. The EdgeSwitch isn't part of the UniFi range so you can't add it to your controller, there are rudimentary flow reports available in the UI though.

Ahhh

That makes sense...I'll stop trying to get it to work then....:D
If i find I really NEED it I can move the Edgeswitch over to my IP cameras I suppose.

Cheers mystery solved

Soldato
If your router is setup to work on 192.168.0.n then it would make sense to configure the switch so it's using the same subnet.

I did think that but I cant find how to change it.

Oh hang on. its the AP that is set @ 1.1

Switch is 0.1 so thats good.

Not sure why the AP is 1.1. I do seem to get random disconnects

Last edited:
Soldato
How can the switch be 0.1 if the Superhub is also 0.1?

Does the Superhub support DHCP reservations? If it does use them and configure the switch and the AP to use DHCP.

Soldato
How can the switch be 0.1 if the Superhub is also 0.1?

Does the Superhub support DHCP reservations? If it does use them and configure the switch and the AP to use DHCP.

Sorry mate I meant the default gateway on the switch is set to 0.1 the superhub and the switch but the AP set to 1.1.

I'll make sure I enable DHCP and have another look tomorrow. I've been up since 05:30 this morning my brain is now fried

Man of Honour
I've got my ER-Lite set up, eth0 is WAN, 1 and 2 are bridged as my LAN.

How can I configure it to allow the LAN subnet to reach the network on eth0 (so I can connect to my Vigor 130)?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Well, arrived, set up, now able to almost max out my Internet connection in the lounge instead of being capped to 12 Mbits with the HH5

Yay :)

Soldato
How can I configure it to allow the LAN subnet to reach the network on eth0 (so I can connect to my Vigor 130)?

I've been trying to find a way to do this with my USG and haven't managed it yet.

The best I can do for now is set the IP address on eth0 to 192.168.2.2/24 and I can then ping the Vigor 130. From there I telnet to the 130 from the USG, check the stats I need and disconnect.

After a few minutes the IP address on eth0 is removed automatically.

Very far from ideal, but I can at least log into the Vigor 130 when I need to but it'd be much better if I could make a permanent config change and access the Vigor 130 from the LAN address space.

Back
Top Bottom