*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Soldato
Thats what im doing too Colossos. My laptop will barely play a you tube video now, at around 8 years old. The Dell looks to be the best price/spec ratio for the circa £800 bracket, but if the new graphics will make a significant step change then its worth waiting. I just hope its not too long to wait, and that the new 1060m is around equivalent to todays 970m or say a 960 desktop card. That'll do me for 5 years.

Associate
danlightbulb, hopefully during summer, with sales and stuff they might release a the newer cards making the market rattle a bit. I will have to start my own basket at OCUK and see how prices change XD.
By the way, is there a dedicated thread to laptop hardware in comparison to desktop hardware? because i know that ram sticks and graphics cards are significantly different are they not?

Man of Honour
GPUs are significantly different yeah, as well as CPUs, although you do get desktop CPUs and GPUs in laptops sometimes so it can be a minefield! Unsure about RAM, apart from being in the sodimm form factor I don't think there's too much of a difference. There's no dedicated thread as far as I can see, and it could be a good idea as it is can be a pain hunting around various parts of the web to gather pieces of the puzzle.

Associate
Looking to buy this for the partner as her laptop is giving up after 6 years. Can anyone tell me if it is E-Value Code: BN95710 or E-Value Code: CN95710 as they look identical just £100 difference. I will be upgrading it with an m2/ram can anyone link me to these on here please.

edit: was vat difference.

Last edited:
Associate
Has the price of these gone back up recently or something? Cheapest I've seen it is on a third party retailer site at £749.99.

Only seen 3 on the outlet this week and they've all been over £900 :mad:

Associate
Thanks for that but I finally managed to get one yesterday as soon as the new listings went up in the afternoon. Same spec and price as you posted :D

Associate
Threw 16GB of Hyper X in mine, a 120GB 850 EVO M.2 and a 1TB 850 EVO.
Its now my daily work machine and gaming rig when I am away from home.
The only negatives I can see are the screen quality and light bleed that has crept in over the last months. But the entire thing cost me less than £900 and plays all the games I want (DayZ, BF4, Battlefront)
I am in the process of selling my desktop rig and saving to see what Zen brings, I couldn't imagine just using a laptop, but for the next 6 months or so I am happy to use the dell, its that good!

Back
Top Bottom