MSI GX660R going slow

Soldato
Hello guys,

I have had the above laptop since release day and its starting to get silly slow, opening any more than 2 web pages will start to slow it down. Autotrader and sites alike tend to freeze it at times.

Just installed a game on it (C&C Yuris revenge) and it cant even run it properly.

Am i ready for getting a new laptop or could something be replaced on the laptop to make it work better? Any way of finding out whats playing up if so?

Tried a factory reset but it hasnt helped anything.

Thanks

Soldato
Have you cleaned the heatsink? What are the temperatures like? Is it noisy? You have not given enough information to tell what the issue may be.

Soldato
OP
I did about a 2 years ago, i had to change the AC socket on the board so everything came out and i cleaned the lot before putting it all back together. The fan does run at full speed at times, even when the laptop is closed doing nothing, been doing this for a few months now.

The laptop as only ever been used for web browsing, so i dont have any games to test it other than the C&C game i mentioned above which a computer from 15 years ago should be able to run easily.

Reckon i should try clean it out again first and then report back?

Soldato
OP
Cleaned it out, was blocked solid with dust. Haven't heard the fan spin up since doing it.

C&C Yuris revenge still running like toss, so i have downloaded a app that tests the gpu (furry donut thing) and it coped with it fine. Think it must be something to do with the game and windows 10.

Other than that though the laptop is running great again. So thanks for that Meaker, dunno why i didn't think to do that in the first place, automatically thought something might of broke.

Back
Top Bottom