Ultrabook - Spec Me!

Associate
I honestly doubt you can pull off editing in the price range/form factor for the budget. Under 600 only option i can think of is UX305 which wont be a good editing machine. If you are happy with laptops , you will have more options in the price range.

Associate
OP
I honestly doubt you can pull off editing in the price range/form factor for the budget. Under 600 only option i can think of is UX305 which wont be a good editing machine. If you are happy with laptops , you will have more options in the price range.

Thanks for the reply, I did a fair bit of research last night and you're right, there are few decent laptops within budget, suitable for editing, but they're not ultrabooks nor are they exactly stunning, visually.

Had a think about things and I'll probably leave the video editing to my main rig.

So, I now just want to source a budget Windows 10 or Chromebook device with a decent screen, which appears to be another big ask!

Soldato
Check out the Lenovo Yoga range. I want to get one myself but am umming and erring between the Yoga 710 and Yoga 900. The 900 looks stunning but is a couple hundred ££ extra just for looks over components really.

Associate
Toshiba chromebook 2 is pretty much the budget chromebooks of the good screen lot.
There is a 2GB/4GB variant. 4GB has a full hd screen about £280. I was planning to get the same then ditched it for the zenbook :)

Associate
OP
After some thought, as I'm not willing to pay a premium for a decent screen, especially as I will only be using it for basic tasks now, I have decided to go with the Asus X205ta, which is a brilliant little laptop.

Back
Top Bottom