New SSD laptop for under £300???

Associate
Hi folks,

My wife needs a laptop for word processing and browsing so she can do school work on our summer holiday (yes,it is true that some teachers work during the holidays! :) )

She will be working on Word and Chrome and won't need much storage at all. I was looking at refurbished Lenovo Thinkpads but I've noticed there are cheap new laptops out there. I have no idea how good they will be for that price. Just need something that runs smoothly, has WiFi and has decent enough battery life.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Soldato
Second hand laptop means the battery will probably have been hammered so I'd account on buying a replacement battery from the outset.

Lenovo X220 i5 models are really good to use, small, portable and quite quick. I've had several through work (outdoor field engineer) and they are nice bits if kit without costing too much.

Drop in an SSD and you'll have a nice machine.

Likewise Dell e6220's are also similar just Dell instead but they seem to pick up lid damage more than the Lenovos.

You can get Lenovo X230s with SSDs installed for around £300 and the battery life normally lasts around 2-3 hours +. Gives you a little more power than an X220, though those are also good little laptops.

Back
Top Bottom