Vodafone Smart Platinum 7

Soldato
Why are you watching such large quantities of media on a ~5" screen?

Your assuming I'm watching video.

It's my music collection along with my nandroid backups and whatever else. Why should I have to restrict myself to 64GB when large capacity sd cards are so cheap. A smartphone is an all in one device after all.

Caporegime
I assumed because there's so many music streaming services that storing music locally is fast becoming a thing of the past.

Don't get me wrong, I think small capacity phones with no SD card slots are stupid, and the "pricing by capacity" model is a total rip off. The small 8GB and 16GB phones are a waste of time.

But 64GB is a decent size and perfectly fine for pretty much anyone.

Soldato
Had a little play with one yesterday at HQ.

It feels nice and is well equipped. Might be persuaded when my contract is up and just go SIMO.
Which House do you work at fellow inmate? It's the new staff phone for VFUK staff, all my friends over there are waiting for it to come out :)

Build quality was pretty good and it was a decent speed.

Soldato
Smart Ultra 7 is coming too - it's announced internally and some OpCos (not UK yet). Details are here:
http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/what/devices/smartultra7.html

to be clear, this is not the plat but a successor(...ish) to the current SU6. LTE CAT 4 = 150mb down and I believe they mean 802.11 AC when it says A/N. 802.11a is a bit old now :)

There's a thread for the Smart ultra 7. You can't have missed it :rolleyes:

Whats so bloody hard to understand, Myshra mentioned it in this thread , so i shared a video about it, if you don't like, back out the thread and be less of a knob.

There is no thread for the smart ultra 7 just the platinum 7 and prime 7.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right im on the hunt for an unlock code for this phone, sick of vodafone already l but i like the phone actually, I know its new but no idea how long before unlock codes become available.

Who makes the phone ? If it's zte like the ultra 6 might be able to get s code from eBay.

Or try DC unlocker

Edit.

Looks like it's a Alcatel idol 4s rebranded so might be worth while trying to get a unlock code for that.

Last edited:
Associate
If I was forking out that much, I wouldn't want the vodafone branding. I have a SU6 which I'm happy with and don't mind the branding because it's dirt cheap. Maybe others aren't as petty as me?? :p

Agree with this ! Apparently it's a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4s so I'd wait for that to be released.

Soldato
Who makes the phone ? If it's zte like the ultra 6 might be able to get s code from eBay.

Or try DC unlocker

Edit.

Looks like it's a Alcatel idol 4s rebranded so might be worth while trying to get a unlock code for that.

Cheers, doesnt appear to be that much for it, maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer unfortunately, and to the people talking about the branding, the logo on the back is not that noticable, and all the apps bar 2 can be disabled so dont show up.

Soldato
Cheers, doesnt appear to be that much for it, maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer unfortunately, and to the people talking about the branding, the logo on the back is not that noticable, and all the apps bar 2 can be disabled so dont show up.

You may be able to flash a stock Alcatel rom to remove the others, but it's probably not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom