*** Huawei P9 ***

Soldato
Yeh I saw that article, all the other ones say its gorilla 4 front and camera, if ypu Google Huawei p9 gorilla, so I guess he got his facts wrong

Soldato
I bought the honor 7 , well two one for me and one for the Mrs

its actually put me off buying huawei again, first impressions fantastic! but the battery life/speed of the phone seemed to drop dramatically. I don't use my phone that much and the Mrs hammers hers all day and they both seem to be slowing rather quickly

Soldato
I really can't fault the p9 so far, can't really say the batteries any better or worse than the m8 it replaced.
The operating system is about as fast and slick as you could notice, te honour 7 is more a mid range phone so probably not a fair comparison.

Some of it's specs aren't quite as flagship as other flagships, but it's certainly up there, and its cheaper.
The way I look at it is it's a significant upgrade for me, and it costs less per month than I was paying.

I was seriously considering an HTC 10, as I don't like samsung, but the prices for both are just not worth the extraordinary contract prices.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up a P9 plus from Amazon.de , which funnily enough seems to have come from a U.K warehouse even though Amazon UK didn't stock it.

Quite liking it so far, good display, nice and nippy UI and the sound volume and quality is pretty impressive. Not test the camera yet but will get round to it over the next few days.If I do decide to return it though, I'm wondering if it's go back to the U.K depot, making it a lot easier.

Associate
Htc messed up there.. their browser only works on htc devices.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-co...nternet-7-20-2614322859-android-apk-download/

Works fine Moto X Style. I use Opera a bit but HTC Internet oftentimes as it has an option to set the default 'zoom' which opera devs refuse to implement. That said it's an option on Opera Mini. Anyway both browser reflow text properly and work well rendering this forum correctly.

I also use HTC Sense 7 and Blinkfeed. Blinkfeed works well but can't get HTC's Widget weather clock to work - and others. So it's Nova with a shortcut to Sense and Blinkfeed - not that any of this has anything to do with the P9

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Had to laugh at the photo sample posted by Huawei that turned out to be a photo actually taken on a Canon 5D Mark 3 and telephoto L lens.

Just why do that?

Soldato
Just noticed the device plan for the 1GB tariff on O2.

'Total amount payable for device £288.00 '

So if you're familiar with how the refresh feature works you can essentially pay the device plan off after receiving the phone, cancel the airtime and get the P9 for £288.

Soldato
No, with the refresh account as long as you pay off your device plan you can cancel your airtime plan anytime you want.

Once you get the phone, log into your account and payoff the device plan £288 which then enables you to cancel the airtime plan.

Give them a phone and advise them you'd like to close your refresh account immediately.

Associate
Can nobody pronounce Huawei? Jeez.

Hugh-a-way :confused:

I've just noticed that Hugh-a-way also build the Nexus 6P - I wonder if that means the P9 can run stock android without any issues? A friend is looking at this phone atm but doesn't want the crap EMUI

Soldato

I've just noticed that Hugh-a-way also build the Nexus 6P - I wonder if that means the P9 can run stock android without any issues? A friend is looking at this phone atm but doesn't want the crap EMUI

You would have to root and run a custom ROM for that.

To be honest though after having used EMUI for a few month's i really dont mind it, could always put on Nova or Google launcher.

It's ponounced like this ;)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Huawei_pronunciation.ogg

Soldato

Nope it doesn't work like that at all. For starters it would have to exactly the same hardware. Even then adjustments would be needed.

Soldato
I think the ui is really good for what it's worth. It's transparent enough for you go do what you want without thinking about it and wrestling against the ui. There's also some nice tweaks on offer in the settings too.

I was all set to rom it pretty much immediately from what I'd read before getting the phone but I dont feel the need at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to laugh at the photo sample posted by Huawei that turned out to be a photo actually taken on a Canon 5D Mark 3 and telephoto L lens.

Just why do that?

Here's a couple of random photos from mine, stock settings, no filters, etc. Uploaded via photobucket thou so may ne compressed a bit

IMG_20160530_124232_zpsji2jdk34.jpg

IMG_20160705_174851_zpshmniq2v9.jpg

Low light close up with flash

IMG_20160705_180522_zps4er90oyk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Little bump.

Almost close to upgrade time and this is still top of my list.

Those that have owned it for a while what do you think now ?

Also is anyone using the 7.0 test rom as it looks like Emui 5.0 is going to be more like stock with a App draw and better running apps screen, plus the notification shade looks more stock like.

Back
Top Bottom