***Lumia 950/950XL***

Soldato
I've grown massively tired of mine, despite being very enthusiastic about it.
Some issues:

- Charger recently stopped working. Only USB cable would charge it. Then that stopped. Restarted the phone numerous times and now both are working again
- I reguarly have notification issues. Whatsapp often doesn't tell me of any new messages unless i open the app. I normally see them when i restart the phone and they start coming through. Same for FB Messenger
- Emails take an age to load with any images in, and often don't format at all well (Outlook)
- Battery life is awful
- Phone gets very hot
- Apps are awful, really awful and years behind Android or Apple versions. I thought this would improve, but it hasn't
- Camera is slow and laggy
- Bluetooth has a habit of not working or dropping connections

Seriously considering selling it and getting an Android/iPhone.

Soldato
Cant see I have any of those issues. Notifications come through for me unless I have it in Battery Saver mode and in that mode you can still allow notifications for individual apps.
I sometimes notice the browser can be a bit slow (progress bar moving slowly when on my PC the page loads quickly) but that was the case with my old Andriod phone too.
Mine gets the inside slow updates and must admit the previous version before the update a few days ago was quite buggy but current insider slow release seems better.

Enjoying mine and dont really see the alternatives any better than having access to more apps but I don't need that many. Some apps like facebook and linkedin can of course be accessed via the browser too. The linked in application I find rubbish I must admit - doesnt seem to show much and sometimes nothing at all then a while later it springs to life (or after a refresh is forced)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
:eek:
latest fast ring, if your in USA and on 950/950xl now has nfc to to pay.
I knew they were working on it but hadn't heard anything. at least its starting to appear, wonder when it'll come over to uk and expand to more phones.

Soldato
I was trying to hold out for the Surface pro phone but that seems to be pushed back and probably will never be launched at all. I wonder is there much point in buying a windows phone any more?

I have an HTC 8x and really like it. But I am very interested in continuum and people that I do work for have expressed an interest and are asking me about it.

Just wonder has anyone here used continuum much? Is it buggy and difficult to use or is it a viable option for a business uses who wants portability?

Soldato
I guess if you can manage just with your phone then it just makes that better. It wouldn't replace a laptop for me. That said we just played around with it for a couple of hours in the office. We've only one phone it works with in our office. We used to have Windows Phones as work phones but have moved away from them now. Theres only a few of use left with Windows phone and only one has a 950.

Soldato
Just picked a 950 up from eBay for £220, white, unlocked and display dock all boxed in good condition.

Had my Lumia 930 for 2 years now ready for a upgrade and want to stick within the windows eco system.

Had my eye on the 950 since the launch last year. Saw they where now £320 on the MS Store with a display dock.

Been running Windows 10 Mobile on my 930 since September last year and happy with it.

Looking forward to seeing how it compares to my 930.

Back
Top Bottom