**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Caporegime
Some new pictures have leaked but it all looks very similar but does anyone have any specs? I'd like to see SD Card support return, a decent battery (if I use my S4 throughout the day if I'm at home then it usually needs a top up at some point) and perhaps a removable battery. Other than that my S4 has been absolutely fine. I don't feel I need anything else in terms of features but a bit snappier would be nice and a bit more onboard memory.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-and-s7-plus-cases-show-off-smartphone-designs-24419816/

I didn't see another thread but searching back four pages and searching the forums for S7, apologies if there's already a thread.

Associate
Will probably see the new snapdragon, other than that I doubt there will be much change. Also holding out for the tfcard and battery but I doubt that will happen.

Associate
The UK will get Samsung's Exynos 8890, only the US & China and a couple of other countries will get the Snapdragon 820.
Iris Scanner is rumoured to be in the S7 aswell.
Rumored 3D touch thing that Apple currently has.
3GB of ram with a slight bump in speed rather than 4GB.
Camera improvements & features as usual.
Return of the micro SD probably not. :/
Bigger battery maybe but not by much.
Better screen to body ratio ie 5.2" screen in the same body dimensions as the S6
Improvement to the AMOLED screen better power efficiencies ect.
Improved fingerprint sensor.

Other than that i don't see it offering all that much more over the current S6 apart from the bump in speed & a few slight improvements here & there.

The S6 even next year will still be one of the best spec phones out, and with the price of the S6 dropping under £300 it's becoming abit of a bargain now, as long as Samsung keep supporting it that is.

Soldato
I hope the specs are much more interesting that the guessed ones on that site. Not that much of an improvement at all.
Isn't everywhere getting the Snapdragon 820 on the next models though?
I thought i read that they were looking to have that on all models considering how good its supposed to be.

I think ill personally be moving on from Samsung this year after having the note phones for years now and knowing how poor and slow they are with updates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Samsung are apparently putting a lot of work into TouchWiz this time around. We have had this before though...
Problem is, there's still a ton of bloat retained. I was hugely impressed with how good TW was on my Note4 (given to my parents last night) and it was a very smooth device to use.

However versus my 6P you suddenly see the truth of it all. TW's multitasking is so aggressive that it just makes you wonder why it is so. What kills it for me is that Sammy's support is just dreadful and they won't recognise this. The Note4 imo was one of the worst supported devices I'd seen, yet so powerful at the same time. I feel the S7 will go the same way.

Soldato
If the battery is not above 3000mah then they can forget it. I am not falling for that whole "the LCD and CPU use less power on this phone so it doesn't matter!" again!
I wouldn't worry to much about the rated battery mah ...
As the mah number that is written on a lot of battery's and what mah you really get out of them is normally two very different things..:(

Just look up some rechargeable battery review tests to see what I mean..

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't worry to much about the rated battery mah ...
As the mah number that is written on a lot of battery's and what mah you really get out of them is normally two very different things..:(

Just look up some rechargeable battery review tests to see what I mean..

Well yes, but you still get more battery life out of a 4000mah battery than a 2500mah.

Back
Top Bottom