*** Huawei P9 ***

Associate
Huawei meets Leica with the P9 & P9 Plus.

hcl3IJJl.jpg

z4klpoxl.jpg

Specs:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just been watching a video on the droid website, and had to laugh as the guy in the video is speaking English, possible better than a lot of English people, lol, and there is subtitles running along the bottom, sat there thinking WTF

but any way, liking the the spec for p9 plus, but not paying £600 for it, will wait a bit i think

Soldato
I have just been watching a video on the droid website, and had to laugh as the guy in the video is speaking English, possible better than a lot of English people, lol, and there is subtitles running along the bottom, sat there thinking WTF

but any way, liking the the spec for p9 plus, but not paying £600 for it, will wait a bit i think

Quite liking the Plus as well....but not that much, especially when it's not water restistant...

Soldato
Great effort by Huawei and I think that both the P9 and Plus are taking them in the right direction. However a couple of things let the devices down.

Firstly the god awful UI - I have been using Huawei / Honor phones for a number of years now and I can say that EMUI is a very acquired taste. It's extremely intrusive and the constant prompts that ask the user to shut down apps is very annoying. I don't really care that it looks like a mashup between iOS and Android as simply installing another launcher will do the trick but the constant nagging can be very invasive during day to day use.

Secondly the Kirin 955 SoC. It's a good chipset however a little underpowered compared to the likes of the Exynos and SD offerings this year. The graphics chip is the achilles heel of the device and it falls behind the Samsung and SD 820 flagships this year. It even falls behind the Kirin 950 on the Mate 8.

Lastly the P9 Plus is apparently a Vodafone exclusive so those wanting to get their hands on the bigger device will be out of luck if they want to buy it sim free.

Like I said great effort by Huawei...but falls ever so slightly short.

Associate
erm it looks nothing like Iphone?

you're saying that icons now can't be square or 3x3 or it's an iphone clone? CMON NOW.

what do you want them to do? star shaped icons in random grids?
Bottom of it reminds me of an iPhone 6.

Stock Android icons aren't in a square, nor are its folder icons a preview of a 3x3 layout. The Settings menu including the toggles are also copied of iOS.

You can always try and leave it stock Android or come up with your own design rather than mimic the iPhone as much as possible.

Soldato
From my point of view. These Huawei phones should be bargain prices for being a "lesser" mainstream brand. If they want to sell, they must simply be more competitively priced. Not a very similar price to what's already the best phone in the market (galaxy s7/edge)

Caporegime
[looked good, thought it was going to be cheap...

Saw price, absolutely not. And it won't do well here.
Never mind
You can't fire a new brand into the market and charge Samsung/iPhone prices for it.
Might do well in other markets.. Not here

Soldato
Guessing the leica optics have something to do with the price... Let's see if it performs in line with the price tag

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No, the Leica name adds the price. The optics are good, but not THAT good. Anything in the camera world with Leica in the name seems to command a premium price when the competition is just as good, if not better while being cheaper. Often referred to the Apple of the camera landscape :p

Back
Top Bottom