Fan hub/controller?

Associate
I need a fan hub or possibly a controller to control the fans on my upcoming water cooling project.

I'm going to use 16 EK-Vardar F3-120 1850 RPM fans and my pump will also be PWM controlled.
I have two PWM connections on my mother board.
I plan to use software to control the fans/pump so I would prefer a hub rather than a controller.

My thought is to split one PWM connection and use this for fan hubs to control the fans and connect the pump to the other PWM connection.

What sort of hub(s) would you recommend for this setup and is there a better setup that I'm not thinking of?

Associate
Lot of fans!

What you want is a 8X pwm PCB splitter,they are usually branded by phobya and modmytoys over here,google them and you will find them only cost £5-6.Each channel can provide 20w(it might be 30w actually) so just get some regular splitters and hook up 2 fans to each channel,then control the pcb via the cpu header.

61uYiyeSMBL._SX466_.jpg

Then you can plug the PWM pump into your second PWM header,although if your using a D5 i would just get the vario instead,PWM for d5's inst necessary and makes filling/bleeding a nightmare.

Associate
Thanks.
Are any particular brands better than others?

I've already purchased the D5 PWM unfortunately so... but thanks for the heads up :)

Speaking of fan splitters, avoid modmytoys like the plague, they are incorrectly built as they connect all RPM signals together.

Associate
I have a bunch of those splitters, they are ideal!

MD is right, waste of time controlling a pump on PWM - mine are and have just ran them on max from the MB fan header.

I know you're not keen on a controller, but the Aquaero 6 is an amazing piece of kit

Back
Top Bottom