Dripping with style or floody disaster?

Soldato
From what I've heard it leaves stuff in the blocks and it blocks them up. I used it and never had a problem, but this was for about 2 weeks so probably not the best to comment.

Well, this what happened with my xspc tubing after being used in a couple of different builds over the course of a year or so.
DMnsZkt.jpg

Funnily enough, it only gathered in the GPU's for some reason.

Associate
OP
Bit pricey, but I just love watercooling.. Considering it myself, either that or a rig overhaul...

I'd say go for it mate. Took me months of thinking about it before finally deciding to jump in and have a go, but came to the conclusion that a couple months delay building the rig whilst saving more cash was far better than spending the next couple years wishing I'd done it! :)

Honestly, I had to RMA my card, it had to go to german, i sent it friday got it back the following friday. A friend of mine got lucky RMA'ed a 780ti (same as mine) and got a 980 back :p

There's always one jammy one, but with my luck I probably would have been sent a 750 instead :p

Nice list of components. I also have never had the cahoonas to get my box wet... so really interested to see how you get on.

I see you have a good stock of the most important fluids in the background of the first pic ;)

When you've got a media PC with an unlimited supply of films it's always good to pair it with enough red to keep the lady happy. Her choice of film + a few bottles of red can work wonders ;)

Well, this what happened with my xspc tubing after being used in a couple of different builds over the course of a year or so.
DMnsZkt.jpg

Funnily enough, it only gathered in the GPU's for some reason.

Damn, well I think that has settled it! Bye bye XSPC, hello PrimoChill! Big thanks to all for flagging this up before I used it, might just have saved me a massive PITA further down the line :D

Associate
OP
A small update as a few more shiny things have arrived, so will do a log of the main components so far, minus the case. Hope my photography skills don't blow any of you off your seats :D Don't worry though guys, my computer building skills are at least half a notch above the photography skills on show here :)

Samsung 256GB M.2 Worried the green board will look stupid, and ideas on hiding it? can I just put a matt black sticker over it or could it damage it? Stupid question I know, but might look daft green!
P1030834.jpg

240GB HYPERX SSD
P1030825.jpg

32GB of Corsair DDR4 RAM I actually wanted this in red, not black, but black was £80 cheaper in the sales... Sure it'll be fine! Those stickers are gonna have to go though, make it look cheap.
P1030826.jpg

EVGA GTX 980ti Hydro
P1030835.jpg

EK Supremacy Evo
P1030829.jpg

Corsair SP120 Quiet Got 3 High Pressure & 1 High Airflow, just hoping they're quiet...
P1030830.jpg

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Didn't see the point in spending a lump of cash on watercooling and then using cheap thermal paste
P1030828.jpg

Monsoon Chain Gun Fittings Probably not to everybody's taste, but personally I think they look awesome with white tubing :)
P1030833.jpg

EK-RES X3 Multiport Top Yes, some brilliant planning means I'm now the proud owner of a top for a reservoir I don't yet own! :cool:
P1030827.jpg

You know what all of this actually means though don't you? I ACTUALLY GOT TO FIT A COMPONENT!

P1030837.jpg

I know in this case you can hide the SSD's around the back out of sight, but I reckon with black braided cables that will look pretty tidy sat there. Certainly goes with the theme so we'll see, and looks even better with the side panel on as the bottom third is hidden. Need to sort the metal clip on the cable though... *gets black paint* :)

Hopefully the radiators, reservoir and pump will arrive in the next few days / week so I can finally make a proper start on it.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys :) The cables are BitFenix Alchemy's but I think I may have a slight problem... A very slight one... Approximately 3cm's worth of slight problemness on the SATA cable... Think it's going to be too short so I may have to use something else :(

Associate
You have some very nice components there. I'm liking the look of the red and black colour scheme you've got as well. As for the Samsung SSD I suppose if you got a thin piece of metal cut and sprayed black you could put it on the front of the SSD.

Looking forward to more updates :)

Associate
OP
Looks like it could be another week or 2 before the reservoir / pump combo come back in stock :( In the mean time, have a photo of my last build, the media PC that I wanted to blend in with the PS3 and Sky+ box :)

IMG_20151128_105248.jpg

Low power core i3 in an XBox 360 case. 60GB SSD mounted inside the case, with a 1TB laptop HDD in the clip on HDD cage :)

Associate
OP
You have some very nice components there. I'm liking the look of the red and black colour scheme you've got as well. As for the Samsung SSD I suppose if you got a thin piece of metal cut and sprayed black you could put it on the front of the SSD.

Looking forward to more updates :)

Now that's sounding like a plan! Think I've got an old case knocking about here somewhere I could cut a lump out of :)

Associate
Looks like it could be another week or 2 before the reservoir / pump combo come back in stock :( In the mean time, have a photo of my last build, the media PC that I wanted to blend in with the PS3 and Sky+ box :)

IMG_20151128_105248.jpg

Low power core i3 in an XBox 360 case. 60GB SSD mounted inside the case, with a 1TB laptop HDD in the clip on HDD cage :)

wow, do you have a build log for the xbox 360 pc build?

Associate
I put heat sinks on my M.2 stick. I thought it might help with cooling along with the added bonus of it blending in with the board.

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

Associate
OP
wow, do you have a build log for the xbox 360 pc build?

Unfortunately not, think I might have a few pictures kicking around somewhere but this was built years ago, so could take some finding! Will have a look later when I get 10 minutes :)

You titled a picture as 32GB ram but the packaging says 16GB, are the another 2 sticks hidden? :p

They are indeed, got 4 sticks of the stuff to throw into it :)

I put heat sinks on my M.2 stick. I thought it might help with cooling along with the added bonus of it blending in with the board.

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

Now that's a cracking solution mate. might just have to steal that one! :)

Soldato

IMG_20151128_105248.jpg

Wait what. You built a PC in an xbox 360 case? :O

Associate
OP
Wait what. You built a PC in an xbox 360 case? :O

Yeah, the Xbox 360 did its usual trick and RROD'd the first time the temperature outside got above freezing, so decided rather than bothering to fix it I'd put the case to better use! Only a low spec system as it's only really used for media streaming etc. Currently running:

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI Intel Z77 Mini ITX
Core i3-2120 3.30GHz
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz
Intel 520 Series 60GB SSD
Samsung SpinPoint M8 1TB HDD

Oh, and also left myself a subtle reminder whenever it's turned on to never buy another one!

210083_1922365706231_3114184_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom