****The Official Captain America: Civil War Thread ****

Associate
I'm looking forward to this massively, but the trailer felt odd. The scale of things didn't seem to translate too well. It just seemed like this was a petty little internal scrap within the Avengers, when it really affects pretty much every superhero in the Marvel universe.

Associate
Haven't read the comics, but what I liked of the trailer was it was painting cap as the bad guy really. My guess is there will be another trailer later doing the flip though to try and blur the lines of whos right/wrong. Just a guess/wish.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to this massively, but the trailer felt odd. The scale of things didn't seem to translate too well. It just seemed like this was a petty little internal scrap within the Avengers, when it really affects pretty much every superhero in the Marvel universe.

Yeah it may be a good film but it feels although they are just using the civil war tag but not the story. That's only one trailer though I guess.

Soldato
Yeah it may be a good film but it feels although they are just using the civil war tag but not the story. That's only one trailer though I guess.

Joe Russo: "We’re using the essence of what Civil War was about. The comic book isn’t applicable to the storytelling that we’ve structured up to this point, but the concept of registration, the notion that heroes need to be either monitored or controlled because their power can be scary, is applicable. The Accords are the world jointly trying to govern the Avengers moving forward. It has to do with the effects of Ultron and Sokovia [the small city that Ultron tried to drop on the Earth from a great height at the end of Age Of Ultron], and New York City [roundly trashed at the end of The Avengers], and Washington D.C. [nearly devastated by falling helicarriers at the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier]. Examining the third acts of all the Marvel movies, we’re saying, if you could point to the collateral damage in all those incidents, could you use that against the Avengers to control them?"

Anthony Russo: "The challenge was, we’re doing the story of Civil War. Which everybody knows is nominally about superhero registration. And in a lot of ways that can be a political issue, and we didn’t want the conflict of the movie to solely exist on that level. We wanted to figure out very personal reasons why everyone’s relationship to this idea of registration is going to become complicated. That’s what the relationship between Steve and Bucky allowed us to do, to get very personal in terms of why people would lean one way or the other. The arc we’re tracking for Captain America, the thing we thought would be most interesting with this character when we came on board to direct Winter Soldier was to take him from the most ra-ra company man that you could get, this character who was a somewhat willing propagandist, and by the end of the third film he’s an insurgent."

And yet this is the MCU, so you know they all need to kiss and make up for Infinity War.

Soldato
I wonder if they'll follow up Civil War how the main comics did

death of Cap and Tony in charge of everything

Chris Evans contract runs out with Civil War so I think that was the original plan, with Bucky taking over as the new Capt, but now Chris Evans is saying he wants to do more so either A) he's saying that as a fake out to stop people guessing or B) he really does want to do more, in which case the original ending would have to be altered.

Soldato
OP
2l9tw7a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom