** CORSAIR K95 CRAZY PRICE BACK IN STOCK **

OcUK Staff
OP
I bought one of these and found that it could only display 512 colours. A firmware update was promised, which was released about 6 months later. The advertised 16.8million animation wasn't quite achieved with the update, you can choose from 16.8million colours, but animation results in a certain amount of flickering. That wasn't what I expected from a £150 keyboard, and I didn't expect a couple of LED failures either.

Got a refund and bought a Coolermaster Trigger Z just before they stopped production for £70. It may not have RGB keys, but all of the white LEDs still work after 12 months of use.

This isn't the RGB K95, this one has white LED backlighting.

Associate
Fairly common.

Something that repeatedly happens. In this case, it appears that there are many reports of LEDs having failed on these keyboards. I was considering buying one a couple of years ago, but after reading a lot of user reviews it seemed that LED failure was "fairly common".

Associate
Very happy with the 2 we picked up. Nice look and feel, definitely improved our performance in Overwatch too! Still getting used to typing on it as I find my left pinky used to rest on the edge of my old keyboard but now there are the extra G keys there so my reference point is a bit off now, I'm sure I just need to use it more though :)

OcUK Staff
OP
nik and others: how does this compare to the Mionix ZIBAL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard MX Black that i purchased on an offer? i did purchase a corsair raptor k50 and wasn't overly enamored by it, are these a lot better?

K50's are much more entry level. The K95 is Corsairs top keyboard SKU in terms of features. Only way to get better than these are the RGB versions. Not that they improve performance, just prettiness :)

Associate
Is the k65 rgb rapidfire worth the £30 extra over the k65 rgb? Is it just faster or were there any other improvements?

Back
Top Bottom