** TODAY ONLY: GTX 1070 DELIVERED FOR £359.99 Inc. VAT !! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Best price in the UK, totally unbeatable:

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Dual 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £359.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Pali...DDR5-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-03N-PL.html

NE51070015P2-1043D, Core Clock: 1506MHz, Boost Clock: 1683MHz, Memory: 8192MB 8000MHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 1920, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty.

Only £359.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

ONE DAY ONLY loss leader, just OcUK kicking ass and chewing bubble gum, but if your snoozing you will lose, be quick!

Associate
Really, really tempted to cancel my rx480 pre-order and pull the trigger on this. I've never bought a Palit card before though - Can anyone attest to their quality and after sales service?

I've never been one for overclocking and I game with headphones on so I'm not fussed about fan noise. Would I be good to go with one of these?

Associate
OMG! i just bought 980ti..... gutted :(

I wouldn't be. 980ti is a great card and as it turns out... the 1000 series main advantage is it's high clockspeed. A 980ti can go toe to toe with a 1070 anyway, so you're good. Unless 2 less GB really hurts...

Agreed, the 980 Ti is a great card; I've being running a 980 Ti Strix for a while now with a 1440P monitor and I've absolutely no reason to upgrade at this time. So don't worry about it :D

Last edited:
Associate
Really, really tempted to cancel my rx480 pre-order and pull the trigger on this. I've never bought a Palit card before though - Can anyone attest to their quality and after sales service?

I've never been one for overclocking and I game with headphones on so I'm not fussed about fan noise. Would I be good to go with one of these?

not sure what you ended up doing, but this is exactly what i did, cancelled my 480 pre order and went with one of these, already on a truck on it's way to me. i have fingers toes ears everything crossed it gets here before tomorrow evening (i'm in ireland, bank holiday this weekend).

given i'm currently rocking a 5770 as a makeshift after a new build this is going to be a huge upgrade

Soldato
not sure what you ended up doing, but this is exactly what i did, cancelled my 480 pre order and went with one of these, already on a truck on it's way to me. i have fingers toes ears everything crossed it gets here before tomorrow evening (i'm in ireland, bank holiday this weekend).

given i'm currently rocking a 5770 as a makeshift after a new build this is going to be a huge upgrade

I purchased as well and am in Ireland too. Just like yours, mine is shipped. Maybe they are on the same truck :D And I am hoping they make it to me before tomorrow evening.

Soldato
I wouldn't be. 980ti is a great card and as it turns out... the 1000 series main advantage is it's high clockspeed. A 980ti can go toe to toe with a 1070 anyway, so you're good. Unless 2 less GB really hurts...

Yeah idd, i just bought 2x980ti, and the only way i've used up all the vram is 4k and 2xtxaa, but with 1 card you couldnt manage them settings anyway so its nothing to worry about.

Associate
not sure what you ended up doing, but this is exactly what i did, cancelled my 480 pre order and went with one of these, already on a truck on it's way to me.

Yep, same here :) I've had a stock RX 480 (rma'd) and it was a really good piece of kit, so after the return I decided to go with a nitro+ OC but the wait was just excruciating considering I'm currently using a (slightly OC'ed) GTX 760.

I'm a developer and was really excited to give programming the HTC Vive a go, but just as I was getting started my 480 went up in a puff of smoke - that was a few weeks ago now and when I saw the 1070 deal I just couldn't say no.

I'm sure the 480 Nitro is a great piece of kit and I was really impressed with the DX12 and Vulcan support on the reference card, but the GTX 1070 will undoubtedly be better suited to my needs going forward.

I guess the delay was a blessing in disguise :)

Associate
I'm sure the 480 Nitro is a great piece of kit and I was really impressed with the DX12 and Vulcan support on the reference card, but the GTX 1070 will undoubtedly be better suited to my needs going forward.

I guess the delay was a blessing in disguise :)

agreed, wife works in dell so took advantage of her employee discount again and have a new 1440p monitor on route, that should test the 1070 to the full, and probably been a bit much for the sapphire

Soldato
hope you got your delivery notification this morning as well;)

Nope :( Looks like mine won't make it today. Checked the tracking several times and it hasn't moved since yesterday, still says on the way to depot in athlone.

Good stuff that you got yours. Let me know what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom