Help identify components of server

Associate
Hi guys, I'm the lucky winner of a server in a local auction. I won the following server for 45 including fees, there was 2 but I was only lucky enough to win 1.

Didn't get to see it in person first so all I knew was that it had "Scantrol AHC" on the front and its stats were Celeron 2.8ghz, Ram 2048Mb and HD 80 Gb.

I bought it hoping that I could use the case for a future media server build but figured if it was no good for that it would still come in handy when I'm learning to build a website and stuff.

I haven't turned it on yet but if you could let me know what you think and any details you can work out that would be great. When I get the chance to turn it on I'll run cpu-z or something so I can find out its stats.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The 2 pci cards are pretty useless to me, would stick them up on the bay but don't think I'd get anything for them.

Yeah I've been to the Scantrol website but didn't see anything of use. The auction was a motorbike dealership that had closed down so think they may of bought these second hand themselves.

Case looks like it will take 2 hd's plus the SSD so no good for media

Would be nice to find out what the mother board is

Associate
The 2 pci cards are pretty useless to me, would stick them up on the bay but don't think I'd get anything for them.

Yeah I've been to the Scantrol website but didn't see anything of use. The auction was a motorbike dealership that had closed down so think they may of bought these second hand themselves.

Case looks like it will take 2 hd's plus the SSD so no good for media

Would be nice to find out what the mother board is

I think the motherboard might be a 775 so you could always throw in a X5460 or X5450 with the 771 to 775 and have a decent server with some more ram thrown in and the SSD is decent but probably quite used.

Associate
OP
I think the motherboard might be a 775 so you could always throw in a X5460 or X5450 with the 771 to 775 and have a decent server with some more ram thrown in and the SSD is decent but probably quite used.

Cheers.
When I power it up and get something like cpu-z on it I'll post back what I find out.

The case is incredibly sturdy and well built

Don
The 80gb ssd whilst small is still a good quality unit that can be reused.

The motherboard whilst probably skt 775 is likely still worth a few quid E.g for a pfsense or other software router usage due to the dual lan.

For the price you have paid you could easily sell the contents and effectively have a free rack mount case.

Back
Top Bottom