Server buying help

Associate
Hi,

I am looking at getting myself a server for home use. Mostly for filesharing/media server.

The two i keep coming across when looking at review are the HP Proliant Gen8 and the Dell T20.

What are your thoughts on the best one to buy?

Cheers

GDL

GDL

Associate
I'm a HP man myself.

The Gen8 is amazing, just remember to factor in a little extra ram and an Ilo code - Thou depending on your moral compass- It's like CDKeys of old without an activation server behind it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm a HP man myself.

The Gen8 is amazing, just remember to factor in a little extra ram and an Ilo code - Thou depending on your moral compass- It's like CDKeys of old without an activation server behind it.

The gen8's do seem to be very popular. So atleast there will be plenty of support for them.

Associate
OP
I used to always buy HP kit as well, the T20 is too cheap to ignore though at about £80 after cash back.

So I bought one :o

Yeah the price of the T20 is very appealing but as I do not know a lot about them I am a little undecided.

Is the only difference in reality just branding?

All this will be used for is so that all my devices can acess it at home and also a couple of family members where they are. Would the T20 be good for this?

Back
Top Bottom