Metronet?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone has used them or not? Been given the opportunity to go with with them over BT, a considerable amount less spend to say the least but I tend to have the opinion of you get what you pay for!

Anyone here have experience of them, or know anyone who has that you could put me in touch with?

Soldato
I've never been a customer, but I've done project work for a company who uses them for all their comms. They messed up a config change one Saturday which lost us half a day's service and their support wasn't up to much but I think it was one guy on his own, but otherwise they were reasonably happy with them.

I have also heard good reports from a friend who resells their comms and said they are very good to deal with and getting new links in quickly. With OpenReach I've had projects take between 2 weeks and 8 months (and counting) to go in, and you never know how long it'll take.

Their SLA's look good on paper but I think they would be seriously struggling to meet the repair times in the event of an equipment failure. I've also had my fingers burned with wireless links in the past.

Would I use them for comms to a small branch office? Probably. Would I trust them with a large HQ for an online business? That would be fibre every time.

Caporegime
More information needed. What service are you considering taking?

The vast majority of fibre ethernet providers look cheap compared to BTnet, Metronet aren't unique in that regard.

Soldato
They're excellent when they're working - their business support is atrocious, and this is from when I worked at a Cloud Solutions company who's Director was good friends with the upper echelons of the guys at Metronet.

Associate
We have a 100mb link with them, not had a single issue with them, its our 2nd line and we run all our IPT over it. They came and installed the line within 2 weeks of first inspection, which is a refreshing change from openreach time scales!

Back
Top Bottom