*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
Glad to see they fixed the quests that were bugged out last weekend. As suspected it sounds like a specific bug or two that were breaking them all.

Also realised I signed up for tog about 6 years ago but never properly applied. Just done that and will see you guys in game hopefully!

Soldato
One thing I was very happy to see as I ran around Cyrodiil was milegates, I had some great times in Daoc at the milegates and I hope the ESO players learn to use them here to the same effect

Can you explain milegates to me please? Or are they exactly what they sound like, basic distance markers?

Soldato
Milegates in DAoC are best described as contested chokepoints - usually a valley type area that funneled players through and forced you into a small space - an ideal area for stealth gankers to operate in. I will NOT be in these areas - heh heh heh :D

Man of Honour
Milegates in DAoC are best described as contested chokepoints - usually a valley type area that funneled players through and forced you into a small space - an ideal area for stealth gankers to operate in. I will NOT be in these areas - heh heh heh :D

This essentially.

In Daoc, the milegates were large, high walls, with a gate in. Think of it as a giant Hadrians Wall. You can man these and make it damned hard for the enemy to get into your lands.

In ESO, they have brought these back again, there are areas of Cyrodiil with the same large, high walls as in Daoc. Albeit with an opening in the wall instead of a gate, but the principal remains there.

Soldato
Can someone clarify for me actually - are the various faction lands closed off completely to the other factions? As per DaoC, with a separate entrace to Cryodiil in each?

In other words, have I three completely different levelling experiences to look forward to or can I travel each faction's lands freely regardless?

Soldato

I think that should be more of an evil laugh at the end :p

This essentially.

In Daoc, the milegates were large, high walls, with a gate in. Think of it as a giant Hadrians Wall. You can man these and make it damned hard for the enemy to get into your lands.

In ESO, they have brought these back again, there are areas of Cyrodiil with the same large, high walls as in Daoc. Albeit with an opening in the wall instead of a gate, but the principal remains there.

Thanks guys, that explains things very well. Basically nothing like what I was thinking :D

Associate
Can someone clarify for me actually - are the various faction lands closed off completely to the other factions? As per DaoC, with a separate entrace to Cryodiil in each?

In other words, have I three completely different levelling experiences to look forward to or can I travel each faction's lands freely regardless?

Yes (and no...)

All 3 factions have separate lands with unique quest lines and you can't go into them at all. You sort of "port" into Cyrdiil rather than walking.

However once your 40/50+ you do go into their lands as regular quest zones but not for open world PvP. Not sure exactly how it works.

Man of Honour

Each faction has its own lands, so yeah you can have three completely different levelling experiences depending upon which faction you play. From "max" level you can go to the other factions lands, but its kind of your factions version of them (with the mobs levelled up to match you), you dont see enemy players there etc. The only place you encounter the enemy is in Cyrodiil. Which is akin to the Daoc frontiers, in that its a huge place where each faction comes into the lands in their own "entry" points

Soldato
OP
Veteran content details!!!!!!

Types of Veteran Content

While you can start PvP at level 10, the repeatable nature of the Alliance War means it is also veteran content. There are many different ways to play ESO, but here's a simple breakdown of the most common ways people will experience Veteran Content.

Solo or Duo PvP:

You can go through Cyrodiil (ESO’s PvP zone) and quest, collect resources, go into delves, find Skyshards— the same way you play through PvE. Of course, in Cyrodiil there are player enemies who could ambush you at any time, or maybe you prefer to sneak and be the ambusher. The size of Cyrodiil allows you to play how you want, but with risk…

Small Group PvP:

Groups like this, sometimes referred to as “gank squads,” can run around Cyrodiil taking farms or other resources. They can also be on the lookout for other small enemy groups or solo enemies to kill. Well-coordinated squads will have a ton of activities that make them valuable in the Alliance War.

Large Group PvP:

Large groups perform tasks like keep sieges, keep defense, taking an Elder Scroll, cutting off enemy supply lines, etc. Large group PvP is a dynamic affair. This is where coordination really pays off—the internet is filled with videos showing beta players in large groups doing just that.

Solo or Duo PvE:

Our Veteran Rank zones (playing other Alliance content), are the core of our solo / duo Veteran PvE content. I have said many times that our game opens up at 50—this is what I was talking about. At Veteran Rank 1 you can travel anywhere in the first or second alliance you want to go. When you meet the qualifications for opening up the third alliance, the entirety of the current game world is open to you. Yes, it does get harder, but that’s part of the fun and challenge. When you consider that 2/3 of the hand-crafted content and quests are available to you after you hit the level cap of 50, the veteran solo / duo game is huge. Skyshards, quests, delves, Dark Anchors, crafting, collections, achievements—basically everything you enjoyed during the 1-50 game, are all available at these Veteran Ranks.

Four Person Group PvE:

For group-based Veteran PvE experience, we have our Veteran Dungeons. Veteran dungeons are new experiences and challenges with different stories that take off from where lower-level dungeons ended. There are reasons to repeat them, as they have very difficult achievements associated with them. We will ship with six Veteran Dungeons.

Craglorn (Adventure Zone)

The first ESO Adventure Zone is called Craglorn, a zone that is situated between Hammerfell and Cyrodiil. All content in Craglorn is built for a group of four. The story revolves around a mysterious removal of the constellations from the sky, so the Warrior, the Thief, the Mage, and the Serpent all play a part in unraveling the mystery of Craglorn.

Imagine a zone similar in setup to a standard PvE zone, but tuned for a group of four. Follow a story, or just go explore. Delves are instanced to your group; these are the interior spaces where you’ll always find a boss and a Skyshard. There are events similar in mechanics to Dark Anchors but with a different fiction—and much more difficult. There are also story areas that are similar to very large dungeons—each has a quest guiding you through them. These can be replayed as much as you want. And this is just the tip of the iceberg: there are lots of little events, a full storyline and quests, more crafting opportunities, and entries to the Trials, our large-group Veteran PvE content.

Twelve Person Group PvE:

Trials. Twelve people fighting through an increasingly difficult experience. A Trial is instanced to your group of twelve. There is a staging area where you can plan your attack and the Trial itself.

In a Trial, you will have a limited number of resurrections, known as a Soul Reservoir. Too many resurrections mean that you have failed the trial. It takes a lot of coordination to survive a Trial. The enemies you face in a Trial will be difficult, while the surroundings are some of the most beautiful places in ESO. Provided you do survive and make it to the end of a Trial, your group might make it to the leaderboard. Trials have a running clock and mistakes, including deaths, can add a time penalty. Turn in a great time, however, and you might make it to the top of the leaderboard. If you fail, your group can restart and try again.

The Future

Describing the veteran gameplay strategy in these terms also leaves out a very important, but necessary element in the strategy: new systems or growth in breadth as well as vertical growth of current systems. We will introduce new systems over time which will add to both the pre- and post-level 50 game. Adding fresh new systems helps broaden the experience for all players, giving you even more things to do on a given day. As an example, we might introduce horse racing. For those players who have fed their horses and think they are ready to test their riding skills…

This is just a small example of how breadth of activity is all part of the goal and strategy for The Elder Scrolls Online veteran gameplay. You’re not just building your character for one or two things, but for a variety of activities. Different days of the week and even different hours of the day can change your motivations for what you want to do or experience. We don’t think of people as PvP players or PvE players—they are just gamers and we will support you playing the way you want to play.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/03/26/esos-veteran-content

Associate
Interesting. The leaderboard aspect is a bit of a masterstroke and will really get guilds competing for top spot.

They really do want to try and make their own slant on the traditional MMO don't they?

I also wonder if it'll be possible for PvP players to do a 'Shergar' on a successful horse racer? :D

Soldato
Hope those trials have decent loot in them also, 12 man dungeons just for bragging rights is ok but you want to get rewarded for time invested also, especially under those restrictions of time and death etc.

Associate

Good shout, just picked up the imperial edition for £56. Cheers.

Due to a change in company policy I was forced to book all my holiday days at the start of the year and in my panic I randomly picked weeks. One of those weeks was the start of April so I'll be able to enjoy all 5 days of headstart! Boom!

Soldato
OP
Good shout, just picked up the imperial edition for £56. Cheers.

Due to a change in company policy I was forced to book all my holiday days at the start of the year and in my panic I randomly picked weeks. One of those weeks was the start of April so I'll be able to enjoy all 5 days of headstart! Boom!

You really lucked out there!

Associate
You really lucked out there!

Indeed. Only problem is that mates want to go out on Saturday night. And with the clocks going forward I'm going to have even less time to recover before headstart begins on Sunday.

Anybody got any decent sites for generating builds? I'm 99% certain I'm gunna play a Templar but not sure what role I want(and thus which race will be best for me)

Soldato
OP
Indeed. Only problem is that mates want to go out on Saturday night. And with the clocks going forward I'm going to have even less time to recover before headstart begins on Sunday.

Anybody got any decent sites for generating builds? I'm 99% certain I'm gunna play a Templar but not sure what role I want(and thus which race will be best for me)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/templar-class/

Back
Top Bottom