*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
(31/7/15) The ATX has now arrived @ OcUK.

Hi folks, for the discerning owners and future owners of the Phanteks EVOLV ATX Case. Please feel free to discuss, post pictures / links or ask questions regarding this case.

UPDATE: This thread is open to all EVOLV owners regardless of form factor (20/07/15). If making a post here, please just add which form factor it relates to so that any query can be answered relevantly.

Please post an image of your new case with your user name and I'll add you to the "Roll of Honour".

Images

In Gunmetal Gray Buy Here

46pEDbYm.jpg XBNxJ9nm.jpg o84H3S9m.jpg
8TKJSrCm.jpg zCITTIdm.jpg qgMABadm.jpg

In Black Buy Here

saLki45m.jpg G14B1hAm.jpg dfX3B2Em.jpg
YvnoBIYm.jpg aijddzpm.jpg cWYXp0Fm.jpg

Like the EVOLV, the EVOLV ATX retains the full 3mm thick aluminum outer panels with the quick release system. The EVOLV ATX features a 4 color changeable power LED. With the EVOLV series ranging from mini ITX to micro ATX, the EVOLV ATX features a large interior to support full ATX systems. Unleash unlimited possibilities with the Enthoo EVOLV ATX.

Features

- Aluminum body (3mm thick)
- Clean interior - Hidden PSU and HDD’s
- Power LED - Changeable to 4 different colors
- Retractable Radiator Bracket - Convenient Installation
- Toolless Sidepanel with swing door
- Side Window to show off your components
- Quick release panels for easy access
- Equipped with 3 x Phanteks PH-F140SP 140mm Fans, PWM Hub, 35mm Cable Management Space and Phanteks Velcro Ties
- Bottom and Front Dust Filters
- 2 x SSD Brackets Included
- 3 x Modular 3.5" HDD Bracket included
- Watercooling ready with Reservoir/Pump Mounts and space for up to 360mm radiators on Top/Front Panel

Specifications

- Form Factor: Midtower
- Dimension: 235 mm x 495 mm x 510 mm (W x H x D) 9.25 in x 19.5 in x 20.1 in
- Colour: Gun Metal Grey Model No. PH-ES515E_AG / Black Model No. PH-ES515E_BK
- Material(s): Aluminum (3mm), Steel chassis
- Motherboard support: E-ATX *(up to 264mm wide), ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX
- Front I/O: 2x USB 3.0, Mic, Headphone, Reset
- Side window: Yes
- Expansion slots: 7
- Internal 3.5”: 8x (5x included)
- Internal (dedicated) 2.5”: 3x (2x included)
- Air Cooling Support: Front - 3 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm (2 included) , Top - 3 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm, Rear - 1 x 120mm, 1 x 140mm (1 included)
- Liquid Cooling Support: Front 120mm - Up to 360mm, Top 120mm - Up to 360mm, Rear 120mm - 120mm, Front 140mm - Up to 280mm, Top 140mm - Up to 280mm, Rear 140mm - 140mm
- PH-F140SP Included Fan Spec: Speed (rpm) - 1200 ± 250 rpm,, Max Airflow: 82.1 CFM, Static Pressure - 1.33mm H2O, Acoustical Noise - 19dB
- Graphic card clearance: 420 mm (16.54 in) No HDD brackets, 300 mm (11.8 in) HDD brackets installed
- CPU cooler clearance: 194 mm (7.6 in)
- Cable management: 35 mm (1.38 in)
- Memory clearance (motherboard - fan): 120mm: 68 mm (2.68 in) , 140mm: 48 mm (1.89 in)
- Model: PH-ES515E
- Net Weight: 10.2 kg (22.0 lbs)
- Gross Weight: 11.9 kg (24.3 lbs)
- Package Dimension: 310 mm x 570 mm x 564 mm (WxHxD)
- Warranty: 5 Years

Here are all three form factors for size comparison, Note the subtle change in the shape of the window and front panel in each.

zQLLiDO.jpg

ATX Reviews

HARDOCP Review

Kitguru Review

Bit-Tech Review

Modders Inc Review

Hardwarecanucks Review

Hitechlegion Review

Proclockers Review

PCPER Review

Awards

e9UguWIt.png.jpg iED9WC2t.png.jpg cexeMRZt.jpg EcZrTXDt.png.jpg mAfoVNJt.png.jpg TW5m3uQt.jpg Spdlyf4m.gif.jpg

Other Links

Phanteks.com EVOLV ATX Webpage or Phanteks USA

Phanteks.com EVOLV ATX English User Manual

Phanteks.com Forums

OCUK Gunmetal Customer Reviews

OCUK Black Customer Reviews

Roll of Honour

ATX

Captain Chaos

Samwise.Gamgee

Sgt Pepper

FL630

Rustyone

REDNINEAPB

Thefogo

Jon20

francky

colinmcr

haszek

Nick1881

Simon Belmont

dshalky

jinxpad

M-ATX

Milky1

SouthEastBlue

PakJai

ITX

Last edited:
Associate
OP
EVOLV ATX Revision wish list

1) Consider improving the airflow via the front panel.
2) Consider revised/additional placement for motherboard 24pin cable gromit.
3) Run the cable slot above psu from back to front, not side on
4)Consider moving or extending PCIe pwr pass through as many gfx cards will be notably shorter from this point on.
5)A slight height bump would allow watercool users to install 3x 360mm rads, that was picked up in a few of the reviews, and also allow for the 8th PCI expansion port often need for x4 gpu setups.

RMA Info

If you have an issue with any of your Phanteks products, please use this email address for direct help.

[email protected]

Rad Compatibility for ATX

Ok guys I've decided to include a list of hardware that works or doesn't work in the case. So let me know any compatibility issues you come across.

Now need to confirm this but on the Modders Inc review they had an issue using two 360 rads front and top at the same time. They say only 360 and 240 combination is possible. Also wider 240/360 rad won't fit through the removable psu shroud once you remove the plate.

Reservoir Compatibility for ATX

The backplate mount height limit for tube res is 250mm. The rear mount height limit for tube res is 150mm.

Rad Compatibility for M-ATX

Reservoir Compatibility for M-ATX

Rad Compatibility for ITX

Reservoir Compatibility for ITX

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Im waiting still stock lands :) new shiny case and hopefully a new shiny os (win 10)

Have you pre-order or just waiting for stock? Good choice though mate, I pre-ordered as soon as I saw the thread Chug put up. If you want me to add anything just let me know.

Oh and yes Gunmetal also FTW...:D

Soldato
Have you pre-order or just waiting for stock? Good choice though mate, I pre-ordered as soon as I saw the thread Chug put up. If you want me to add anything just let me know.

Oh and yes Gunmetal also FTW...:D

Just waiting for stock I had the Phanteks Enthoo Primo in White and it was probably the best case I ever owned but just to darn big so this evolv is exactly what im after as its got 360mm radiator support top and front PERFECT

Associate
I'm just waiting for a few more posts until I'm at 250 then my pre-order is going in. I could do with knowing if both have pre-order stock left as colour is irrelevant, it'll be white inside and blue outside by the time I've finished!

Associate
OP
I'm thinking of using Darkside LP360 + 240 but worried they might be too thin and look odd when fitted. I was planning putting dual 980ti's under water and whatever cpu I decide on, I'd assume it would be enough cooling?

Associate
I'm thinking of using Darkside LP360 + 240 but worried they might be too thin and look odd when fitted. I was planning putting dual 980ti's under water and whatever cpu I decide on, I'd assume it would be enough cooling?

Really need to wait till you have the case and try the setup your thinking of, certainly you'll be fine cooling wise with 2 GPU's and a CPU with the 2 rads, I'll be putting 3 GPU's and a CPU on a 240 and a 360, using AlphaCool Rads, there is not much gain using thicker rads it's another one of those watercooling myths :) I went from 82mm Monstas to 45mm with 1d difference, but could run the fans slower which helps on the noise.

Think we will all be on trial and error mode with these cases trying parts, my first task will be to dump the front I/O ports and change out the fans.
Providing I like the case.

Associate
OP
Really need to wait till you have the case and try the setup your thinking of, certainly you'll be fine cooling wise with 2 GPU's and a CPU with the 2 rads, I'll be putting 3 GPU's and a CPU on a 240 and a 360, using AlphaCool Rads, there is not much gain using thicker rads it's another one of those watercooling myths :) I went from 82mm Monstas to 45mm with 1d difference, but could run the fans slower which helps on the noise.

Think we will all be on trial and error mode with these cases trying parts, my first task will be to dump the front I/O ports and change out the fans.
Providing I like the case.

Sounds like you have some interesting plans, hope you like the case and decide to share some pics here. If you come across anything that helps or hinders you then please let us know :)

Associate
Sounds like you have some interesting plans, hope you like the case and decide to share some pics here. If you come across anything that helps or hinders you then please let us know :)

Nothing interesting just a bolt up the bits job, what will be interesting is to see if 2 360 rads can be fitted, I'm sure someone will manage with a bit of hammering :)

But it's pretty much waiting till you have the case to experiment with, looks good in the reviews so far.

Associate
Order was placed last night, now just 2 weeks to wait :(

I'll be (eventually) going for a 360mm up top and a 280 out front, both as thin as I can find. Was wanting another 360 up front but could do with the HDD cage being left in for ease of mass storage, meaning I'll have the front area free for a large pump/tube res combo.

Associate
I've pre-ordered the black edition.....going to be doing a black, chrome and white water build...hope they haven't been delayed till mid August though! :(

OcUK Staff
1) Guaranteed delivery date of 30/07/15 for the Evolv ATX guys, so you should all have them on the 31st providing theres no typhoons around the Felixstowe area between now and then :) I think that makes us the first place in the world with Evolv ATX stock for sale :)

2) We should make this a Phanteks Evolv owners thread, otherwise I can't join in with my Evolv M-ATX :(

Associate
OP
1) Guaranteed delivery date of 30/07/15 for the Evolv ATX guys, so you should all have them on the 31st providing theres no typhoons around the Felixstowe area between now and then :) I think that makes us the first place in the world with Evolv ATX stock for sale :)

2) We should make this a Phanteks Evolv owners thread, otherwise I can't join in with my Evolv M-ATX :(

1) That's awesome news, thanks for confirmation. Have updated OP.
2) Please can you edit the title and remove ATX, we are all Phanteks fans after all ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Done :) Evolv M-ATX Gunmetal owner here, will post a pic later as I've changed the VGA card since the last one.

Thanks for that, you'll be first on the RoH then if you get a pic up :) I didn't realise I could change it from OP D'Oh !

I'll look at adding more info for the other cases if its not too much bloat.

Last edited:
Associate

Woo I can join the party!

IMAG0047.jpg

Evolv M-ATX in black here, will get a better picture up soon.

Back
Top Bottom