Big tower case dilemma!

Associate
Thinking about doing a big tower build with hard tubing etc soon. i have a shortlist of cases i like but i'm struggling to make up my mind! Each have pros and cons, which would you guys go for and why?

1:Caselabs SMA8

Pros: massive, quality,well established
Cons: Very pricey!,will have to import, a bit too overdone?

2: EVGA DG-87

Pros: Massive,looks great, unique, good pricing
Cons: Quality a bit iffy?, unusual layout may be a pain to build in

3 Phanteks Enthoo elite

Pros: Massive!, RGB lighting and Tempered glass, quality
Cons: Pricey, not much info known at the moment

Associate
It's between the SMA8 and the Enthoo Elite, I think for me the SMA8 would just tip it.

The Enthoo Elite is really nice looking and probably slightly cheaper that the SMA8? but I really don't like how the rads are mounted in the lower part of the case.

Soldato
Def the Phanteks. I prefer the look, but any case with tempered glass wins out for me... it is just SOOOO much nicer than perspex, looks far more classy and expensive. It really makes all the difference if you ask me.

Associate
Waiting for the release to get the Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Been almost a year since I first spotted it.

I Remember OCUK stating they should have it for September... Any word on this ?

OcUK Staff
We are pushing hard for a viable release date, confirmed price and the rest. Rest assured we will be the first etailer worldwide to have this product, partially owing to the fact that it's the case that houses the newest 8Pack system, the OrionX. I am actually awaiting an update today, I'll let you know when I know more.

Associate
We are pushing hard for a viable release date, confirmed price and the rest. Rest assured we will be the first etailer worldwide to have this product, partially owing to the fact that it's the case that houses the newest 8Pack system, the OrionX. I am actually awaiting an update today, I'll let you know when I know more.

Ah brilliant. Looking forward to hearing when my bank account should be damaged and how much by :D:D

Associate
OP
Would you guys consider the Aluminum based cases worth the extra cash? Weight isn't a concern as it wont be moving once installed.

Associate
OP
This is where it will be going so i have plenty of room to play with. The DG-87 was on my shortlist as the cables would look a lot neater coming out of the back and the USB ports etc on the front are in the ideal place for me.

Associate
Hard to recommend the DG-87 completely as there are just too many little things wrong with regard to build quality.......nothing major that cannot be overcome, just multiple little niggles that frustrate during a build, which shouldn't be the case given the cost. Bit too much plastic as well.
It's certainly in stark contrast to the build quality of the Phanteks cases for instance. So you'd expect that to continue with the Elite. Won't be cheap though.

Caselabs are nice and all to work in and extremely well put together, but very dated looking and well over what they're worth IMO.

Back
Top Bottom