Deciding a new case may be usefull

Associate
Deciding on a new Micro ATX case, what are the better models?

Hi all,

Any recomendations or experiences that you can give regarding suitable case replacement for a Silverstone TJ08B-E case? With a window, but not huge, white would be a bonus. I would have used an S340, but I know the cooler is too tall from experience, and would prefer to keep it micro ATX to be honest.

My lads had the TJ08B-E for some time, it's had the front grill knocked in a bit and in general a bit tatty, some screws mislaid since having the whole drive cage removed many months ago when I upgraded the ram and CPU, and to be honest the system inside could do with being rehoused in something simpler and easier to work in.

Biggest issue is cooler height, 170mm or a bit more prefered, though it's an old LGA 775 system, I am not going to break it up, but pass it from my sons to my daughter, it's still going strong enough for her to start out on.

One issue again with cooler, it is also very near the top of the motherboard, so some space above the motherboard would be great.

20120618_204933.jpeg

Lads PC
Asus Maximus II Gene LGA775 Micro-ATX motherboard.
Intel® Q9550 CPU
Corsair XMS2-8500 8GB (4x2) 1066MHz DDR2
BeQuiet Dark Rock Advanced CPU cooler 95mm x 122mm x 166mm
Sapphire HD4870 1gb Toxic GPU
Sandisk Ultra II 240gb SSD
Samsung F3 1tb HDD
BeQuiet PurePower modular 630w psu
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS

Last edited:
Soldato
Phanteks enthoo evolv micro atx case-white
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-micro-atx-case-white-ca-013-pt.html

Out of stock so shop around or if you dont care about the white, they do have it in stock in gun metal. Very nice case, just checkout some reviews, its a seriously amazing case for the money. Infact i have an itx version on the way in white.
Theres a huge thread on the front page thats got some very nice builds in there, so check it out.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18682069

Back
Top Bottom