Best £800-900 laptop for IT Professional

Associate
Hi folks,

I was finally able to pull a few strings and get an new laptop for work. My current one is under powered processing wise and has not got an SSD which i think is a must!

I want a powerhouse, something i can throw any process intensive tasks with ram heavy requirements at and still be able to multitask (very important!).

I plug 2 24" external displays into my current work laptop, giving me essentially 3 monitors (1 from the laptop itself). So it needs to have a half decent graphics card, but nothing overkill that's going to waste the budget for no reason.

I've not bought anything hardware personally in about 7-8 years so I'm COMPLETELY out of the loop - I'm looking at DELL because it's the only thing i know is fairly decent build quality and feels ok.

There must be lots you who also work in IT and have had to pick something appropriate?

Cheers all!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi folks,

I was finally able to pull a few strings and get an new laptop for work. My current one is under powered processing wise and has not got an SSD which i think is a must!

I want a powerhouse, something i can throw any process intensive tasks with ram heavy requirements at and still be able to multitask (very important!).

I plug 2 24" external displays into my current work laptop, giving me essentially 3 monitors (1 from the laptop itself). So it needs to have a half decent graphics card, but nothing overkill that's going to waste the budget for no reason.

I've not bought anything hardware personally in about 7-8 years so I'm COMPLETELY out of the loop - I'm looking at DELL because it's the only thing i know is fairly decent build quality and feels ok.

There must be lots you who also work in IT and have had to pick something appropriate?

Cheers all!

Hi MFrost,

If you want a "powerhouse" then you should be looking at corei7 processor units.

From the Gigabyte range we have a couple of units that fit your budget, and user requirements, but note they aren't with Pro O/S (although can be upgraded if this is essential for you).

Both have mid range GPU, come with Hard drive and SSD, and both also have the option of swapping the DVD bay for a caddy (supplied FOC with the laptop) to take additional HDD or SSD if you want.

The first is 15.6" screen and the second a 17.3":

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...x-950m-2gb-gddr5-gaming-laptop-lt-064-gi.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...8gb-ddr4-gtx-950m-2gb-128gb-m2-lt-070-gi.html

Hope that helps, any Q's please let us know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Caporegime
Any money that you put into a laptop to get an i7 inside it would be better spent in a different area - more RAM, larger SSD, better display, docking station, spare charger to keep at home, whatever. An i5 is more than good enough.

Back
Top Bottom