Show us your kitty cats

Associate
The tunnel in the wall is all properly sealed and water tight. I got someone proper in to do it, it comes in little sections and if you need it a bit longer you just add another section in. It's all fully waterproofed though. Sounds like that would be your easier option. I can take a picture of it tomorrow if that would help show you what it's like?
I've just been looking at an installation vid showing a tunnel through the wall and it doesn't look too bad - I'm guessing yours is similar? I guess I'll get a quote for windows and the wall and then choose one.

thanks for your input :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just been looking at an installation vid showing a tunnel through the wall and it doesn't look too bad - I'm guessing yours is similar? I guess I'll get a quote for windows and the wall and then choose one.

thanks for your input :D

Yep pretty much. Just the tunnel extenders in my case were stuck together with waterproof glue and then some sealant on top to make sure.

One glazing company wanted over £300 to install a flap in a full height glass door. I got the tunnel done for less than £100 including all the parts bought.

Shout if I can be of any further assistance :)

Soldato
Mrs was feeling a bit crap today having been working away for a few days. Took the wee cat up to see her as a surprise when she finished.

Trip to the beach whilst we were there!

He liked his hole, was helping me dig it too with his head and doing barrel rolls.

Was amazed at the loose sand and was almost moonwalking for about two meters dragging it around :)

zV83vtE.jpg
lsv4tZj.jpg
QhhQXNJ.jpg

Soldato
He was scared of the water a little at first then he was hunting it haha.

He's only just over 6 months but we do let him out with the door left open, goes up trees and is generally mental.

Man of Honour
My girl Bert with her bag
IMG_5349.jpg

Tabby
IMG_5443.jpg

Soldato
I hope someone can help (or say if I should start a new topic), but we moved into this house a couple months ago and our cats have started to go outside again. The old house had a cat flap that they were usually ok using, so we're keen to have one fitted here. But, there are no suitable doors to the back of the house, only a sliding upvc door. I know you can get a new window panel made with a hole for a cat flap, but a full door is likely to cost a fair bit. So, I was wondering whether anyone has fitted a cat flap in the window off the ground at waist height, and whether the cats are ok going in/out from the windowsills? The window to the right is far smaller and thus cheaper (and doesn't potentially screw with the sliding use of the patio door), but I can't remember seeing anyone with a cat flap not within a foot from the ground. Here's a pic showing the 2 options I think I've got:

I did wonder about going through the external wall, but as 1 of the cats isn't massively confident with the cat flap I'm concerned about the length of the tunnel it would have to scramble through (not to mention any possibilities of damp coming through the hole in the wall). Any thoughts?

were you looking at replacing the glass in the window with a upvc panel and the flap? would you mind saying what it was going to cost?

Man of Honour
Is he a new addition?

No I have had him now for 2 years, since he was a little baby just 6 weeks old. I have him (Mr Gandhi) and his sister (Tabby Cat) seen here:

Then when they were in being spayed/neutered this little beauty was at the vets and had all kinds of health issues as she had been abandoned and abused, they were going to put her down until I offered to help with the costs of getting her back to health and giving her a home. The vets named her Daisy and 6 weeks later she was well enough to come home to her new house.

Back
Top Bottom