Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
I'm the same I think its the combo of:

(1) delayed reaction to pollen (I am fine with wild grass etc - until about 6 hours afterwards !)

(2) windows aren't completely sealed

Man of Honour
Well mine hasn't started yet and it normally starts around March so no idea what's going on. I'm hoping I've gotten away with it this year but not going to get too excited as there's plenty of time yet

Soldato
I know this is a bit lame and new-age but I'm trying Manuka Honey this year. May be placebo effect but my symptoms are not so harsh at the moment.

My doctor won't give me the "death jab" so I'm out of alternatives really, although ASDA own brand tablets did work for a while.

Soldato
I'm the same I think its the combo of:

(1) delayed reaction to pollen (I am fine with wild grass etc - until about 6 hours afterwards !)

(2) windows aren't completely sealed

Do you have the windows open during the day? If so could be that pollen is coming to rest on your bed and when you get in you're kicking it up.

Soldato
I've given up ale and red wine for the summer. Apparently both are high in histamines and historically my hayfever has always been really bad after indulging. So this summer is cider and gin central. I've not had a bad attack yet this year so here's hoping.

Soldato
Any side effects? I looked at this last year but GP wouldn't prescribe it. Is it safe to get it online? I see you can get it through lloyds for £14 a month and it's 120mg...

Probably edging on breaking the rules on medical advice here but no side-effects for me. No idea if it's safe to buy online, with all these kind of things probably worth talking to an actual GP.

When I was talking to mine he was saying it's part of a new generation of anti-histamine which doesn't penetrate the blood brain barrier or something similar, so no drowsiness which I got a lot with other drugs.

Back
Top Bottom