Who has been to Tenerife?

Soldato
thanks for the tips seems this water park is a good idea

I love the idea of hiring a car, it is so cheap but bit worried about navigation in tenerife.
What are the roads like out there? just your typical european roads?

always hired in Tenerife you can do the whole island in a couple of days it's well worth it.

The tour bus to the restaurant on top of tiede doesn't give you time to eat there and the reastaurant is worth a visit.

We had some great food in Santa Cruz proper tapas for a fraction of Las Americas beans and chips prices and you get to see where the locals live.

The drive over Tiede and down the mist covered green side is wonderful.

Associate
Siam Park is great, but get there for it opening, and once inside run like hell to the best slides to get on them before the park gets full. I waited for 1hr and 30mins to get on the tower of power. Also the lazy river was great fun.. there is one part near the end of the lazy river where you can go left and go up a kind of elevator and eventually down a white water rapid kind of slide.. and now I think back, i'm sure it went through a tunnel under water.

got to mention the big wave pool is fantastic.

I stayed at the fanabe in costa adeje in July 2013, and had the time of my life.

N17

N17

Permabanned
Rhyl is much nicer than Tenerife, Actually, Menorca is rather nice, Quiet and not full of Volcanic landscapes.

Associate
Recommendations for Tenerife....hmmm don't go? :p

Much nicer islands such as Fuerteventura, La Gomera, La Palma and even El Hiero :)

I suppose one thing you could do is avoid as many British tourists as possible!

Associate
Hi psd99
There is plenty to see and do away from the 18-30 type places like Starco and Veronicas.
I dont know what your age is or interests are but heres a few things.

Tenerife Symphony Orchestra
Helicopter flights
Botanical gardens/parks,The Dragon Tree (El Drago)
Fiestas/Festivals

Take a copy of the Tenerife Pearl leaflet given away at the Airport on arrival it has a Map with locations,places to visit etc on it.

aceface57
If you like Steak I would recommend The Modern British Empire Steak House
Upstairs in the CC Safari Centre, Av Las Americas

http://www.empirerestauranttenerife.com/

Just to the right is Harrys bar, okay for Cocktails with a fountain light show below.

Associate
Don't stay in down town las Americas........its an absolute **** hole.

A couple friends and me went in January a few years ago and it was terrible, place hadn't had a penny spent on it since the 80s.
Couple of my mates got robbed at knife point on seprate accasions with one of them getting attacked too (by the local guys that normally sell things, in peak season)
Average person there had obviously saved up there benefits for the trip.

Siam park was awesome tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom