The best Android tablet in iPad Mini class.

Soldato
As title, what would you consider the best 7-8" or thereabouts Android tablet right now?

Will be used for general web surfing and watching movies.

I was interested in a Sony Z3 as I love my Z3C phone... But I tried one in the shop and was underwhelmed.

TIA

Soldato
The best iPad Mini class tablet is an iPad Mini.

I love my Android phone - but I don't think Android tablets work!

Like you, I have a Sony Z3 (not compact) and have had Android phones for years, but was underwhelmed by any Android tablet, not just the Sony models. They just seem like a slightly larger Android phone, and offered me absolutely nothing unique.

That's why I got an iPad!

That also means I have access to every eco-system - a Windows PC, an iOS tablet, and an Android phone.

Associate
The Nexus 9 got pretty good reviews and I was pondering on getting one - but in all honesty, I've been floating around the idea of getting a tablet for ages now but always come full circle back to the fact that a tablet wouldn't be able to do anything that my Android phone can't do (asides from offering a larger screen) so I always regard them as fairly redundant.

Soldato
OP
I ended up buying an iPad mini and now regret it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic piece of kit but I work away from home and the data storage restriction is just not working out for me.

I need an Android tablet for watching movies on the go. Something with a good screen and compatible with an SD Card.

I assume the Sony Z3 compact will be updated soon, so probably a bad buy? Anyone got any suggestions?

POB

POB

Soldato
Samsung Tab S2 8" is very nice, its incredibly thin and light.

Yes it has touch wiz but its probably the first one I've used and not noticed any real lag.

Plus it has limited multitasking split screen.

Soldato
OP
Just had a look at the S2 in Curry's and it looks just the ticket. They're doing some daft £50 cash back deal that I need to do between day 30 and 60. Wtf!

Can get it from Amazon for the same price (270) without waiting for 30 days. That about as good as it gets price wise?

Curry's also states 2 year warranty, I take it that's standard?

Soldato
OP
It's arrived and first impressions are really good. It's extremely light, and the screen is better than the ipad mini. It's very snappy too. I'll update with battery life etc once I've had a chance to use it a bit.

I've just gone to the Samsung website to claim my cash back and it says the offer has expired!

Back
Top Bottom