Do you have your own towel?

Man of Honour
A little debate that has come up.
There's quite a few young people in the house, age 22 to 32, and they are debating using towels in the bathroom.
Some of them just pick a towel up but others have their own individual towels.
I'm pretty sure when I lived at my parents we just picked up what towel was there but in my house we have our own.
It's something I've never thought about but apparently I use the black towels and nobody else does, my wife has red and my eldest uses white.
My eldest finds it abhorrent that she could be wiping her bits when I've wiped my bits with the same towel.

Over to you OCUK.

Soldato
Most definitely have your own! Even after a bath, you're not completely clean. You're bathing in your own filth, and then it gets wiped off on a towel. The thought of a communal towel is horrendous!

Soldato
I use a towel, wife uses a different one, daughter has a different towel, hangin on back of bedoom doors in prep for trip to the shower, after shower dumped in wash basket, and towel on door replaced.

Caporegime
Own towel until washed, right? Surely. Though my sister believes that a towel can only be used once before being washed. Surely this isn't a done thing?

I live on my own, so own towel. Simple.

Soldato
Communal hand towel, separate bath towels.

Correct. Mostly so you always have a dry towel. I don't care which towel I get when it comes out of the wash (although I do have a slight preference since some are getting a bit old), but once it's mine, it's mine. Then I don't have to worry about grabbing a damp towel off the rack. Not a hygiene thing for me as it's just me and the missus, but if it wasn't family I'd find it a bit wierd if we all shared towels.

Soldato
I have had my own towel since I was a teen

I don't really want to dry with one that has been used by somebody else no matter how close they are to me

Sgarrista
Commissario
People really wash a towel after 1 use? After coming out a shower, assuming you've had a good scrub you're mostly clean anyway and just wiping away clean water...

I take 2 showers a day and wash the towels (3) every 3-4 days.

Back
Top Bottom