All Purpose Laptop £1k

Associate
Hi,

I currently have a 5 year old Dell XPS 15 15.6 and I have to say its been great - but the battery has gone and I'm due an upgrade.

I use it for work (Word, Excel etc), browsing/music/films, recording music (I'm a bedroom DJ - oldskool 1210s :) ), web development and doing a little bit of film making.

It stays in the home but is moved around hence I'm after a laptop.

I'd like to get a Windows 10, touch screen laptop with ssd and a good 15.6 inch screen. My default was to look at the new Dell XPS 15 ...but its more than I would want to spend, although it does look the business.

Is there a similar laptop to the xps 15 which is cheaper at less than £1k....very much noting cheaper means sacrificing something on the spec/quality. Unless there is a way of getting that base Dell price down significantly - voucher/haggling etc?

Thanks for any help

Associate
OP
ok just read the last post on this thread here

And now I am pondering whether I really need a touch screen. I have one on a Yoga 700 which i like but I am wondering it getting one on an xps 15 is worth the extra ££

Associate
OP
well I just pulled the trigger on two xps 15's from the Dell outlet (loads on there if you hurry and that 15% off code is nice :) ).

I got an hd and a touch screen so will compare the two to see which I prefer.

Happy!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I only ordered them a couple of hours ago :)

Both have the same spec except for the screens:

Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ
2 GB GDDR5 Nvidia® GeForce® GTX 960M
512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC

And after the 15% off voucher it worked out:

£1046 for the 15.6inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) Touch

£928 for the 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080)

Both Certified Refurbished.

Be interesting to compare the two screens side by side.

Back
Top Bottom