Im calling it.....

Soldato
I believe London and UK property prices has hit its peak. Im putting my money where my mouth is and pulling out of buying and will not be buying until I feel there is more stability in the market.

Lets see if I'm right. If I'm wrong and the prices keep going up I'm a little shafted.

Soldato
The government and BoE have shown they will do everything in their power to ensure they don't even stagnate, let alone drop, if they do still drop then not sure we'd be worrying much about house prices by that point :p

Soldato
so you are not calling the top of the market? you are just saying the market is too volatile? surely with volatility comes opportunity?

are you saying the market will never go above where it is now?

are you buying to live or as a buy to let?

Man of Honour
I hope you are right - I'm holding off making any moves hoping at some point there will be a reset and I can use my money to good effect biding my time.

Soldato
I don't see them going anywhere but up. Worst case scenario leaving EU causes a stability in prices but it'll only start to go up again once things have settled down.

Short of suddenly building millions of homes in sort after areas I can't see them dropping in price at all.

Man of Honour
I do think there is an overemphasis on property being an investment... What about just kicking in a sweet place to live? Can't put money on that!

If you are looking to upsize at a later date, those mahoosive mansions should a proportional decrease in value too. You only realise the investment when you downsize.

Unless you are buying a property to let it out, in which case I have zero sympathy for your losses, you rich git :p

Tea Drinker
Don
Heard this year on year and two things happen. Prices go up and you're left with having to find more deposit and borrow more.

It may slow down and or headline news about rabbit hutch London new builds slipping but bog standard family homes will keep increasing.

Back
Top Bottom